Need Advice

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Need Advice

Postby wisteria » 13 Jun 2016, 00:18

I've had a fissure for about 3 weeks. I already eat a lot of fibre, I have soft stools, it just feels like every time I start trying to pass them, even just tensing my anus a bit is like being stabbed and it bleeds every time. I have a footstool in front of the loo so I can pull my knees up and I don't strain, but it really doesn't matter the consistency right now, it just hurts no matter what.

I don't have any conditions that I know of. I also feel like it's sort of... moved over the past few weeks. It felt pretty normal to start with, but now it feels like it's sort of on the surface, like it's on my anus rather than in it, if that makes sense. Everything I've read pretty much implies that soft stools = healing, but that's just not the case for me. Is there anything I can do to just help it heal faster so every time I poo I'm not just opening it again?

To make matters worse, I'm in the middle of a complaints procedure against my doctor, trying to decide whether or not to switch practices and I have an anxiety disorder, so I don't feel like I can actually get medical advice right now.
wisteria

Topics: 1

Re: Need Advice

Postby Canadabum » 13 Jun 2016, 21:49

There are a bunch of things to do....

1. Keep it soft -- sounds like you are already there...good. If you need help use Miralax

2. Use a fissure cream -- go to a doctor asap and get a prescription. Use it for 8 weeks 3x a day...this is important as you are in the acute phase and can resolve this hopefully this way

3. Apply heat -- get the blood flowing. Use a heating pad (or something similar) during the day

4. Use a Sitz bath after each BM....keep it clean and also the heat will help

5. Drink a lot of water and eat well -- cut out difficult foods to digest like dairy, processed foods

6. Consider adding some oils to your diet...to lubricate

7. Consider using a barrier cream between before you go to the loo

8. Go see a Dr.....the only way to really know what is going on with you is to consult someone who will look up there.

Best of luck!

CB
Canadabum

Topics: 19