Nifedipine Emulsion Gel

Does Nifedipine Emulsion Gel work

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Nifedipine Emulsion Gel

Postby techguy5150 » 18 Jun 2016, 05:54

Has anyone ever had any success with Nifedipine Emulsion Gel? Did it help or cure your fissure and/or Hemorrhoids?

Were there any side effects? They claim an 80% success rate as long as you step up the fiber, water and do certain exercises.

I actually had my fissure under control for 2 weeks (no pain or bleeding) put off surgery, and then all of a sudden, I tore it again. So I'm trying this out but wanted to get some opinions.
techguy5150
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Nifedipine Emulsion Gel

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 18 Jun 2016, 15:27

Hi techguy,
I am not sure about emulsion gel . I am using compounded nifedipine lidocaine ointment. The info I read says nifedipine is associated with less headaches than NTG ointment . Both act differently but are finally supposed to result in the internal sphincter being less tight . I think chronic fissures like mine was have lesser success and I went from nifedipine to Botox but my surgeon recommends I continue to use it in my Botox period so I am still on it. It stings when I apply it ( externally) but I have had no other problems . Frankly I don't know how much it helps but my surgeon swears by it and says it adds to success of Botox.
Sorry I am not of more help.
Hope you heal soon.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2