Cream idea

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Cream idea

Postby Guest » 02 Mar 2008, 15:39

One day when I was at work on break and in tons of pain (b4 LIS) I was trying to think of new things to use to put on my butt. Well, I am a nurse and when I inspect ppl's skin for breakdown (like skin tears and pressure ulcers) we sometimes use this cream that is called protective barrier cream. We often put it on areas that are showing signs of new breakdown or over boney prominences like the sacrum or scapula. Well anyways, I thought that maybe since we use it to prevent damage or further damage to mostly pressure 'ulcers' it may be good on the fissure since I'm almost positive you could put it on your arse or even up there a bit.
Anyways, dunno if anyone heard of it and i'm not sure of the active ingredients but i'm gunna steal a bottle from work and try it out. I'll let you all know how it goes even though maybe i'm past the stage of needing it since I had LIS. Dare I even say that though?

Re: Cream idea

Postby happyass » 02 Mar 2008, 16:12

be careful luxdunst....we don't want you to be taken to jail for stealing a bottle of this cream......
is there anyway you can ask for some or maybe does your CRS have some samples in his office?
i can't encourage this behavior in the name of science (hehehehehehe).........just be very very careful, as one of those looney toon characters use to say (was it bugs bunny?)
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 02 Mar 2008, 18:28

the cream is from the floor i work on and i'm very sure i can take some home, hehe but thanks for the concern
and i don't think my crs has even heard of this for AF, i kinda just came up with it, dunno if it'll work though

Postby Fissulyna » 02 Mar 2008, 19:03

Oh, please be careful Erin :pale:! You are doing so well - I would hate you mess something up ! If you want "barrier" , why not try good old zinc creams - there are many baby creams that contain zinc and are "barrier" crams :^$\: and are made to go on that part of the body ; ))) !
Take care Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 02 Mar 2008, 19:08

Yeah, I love A&D ointment. It is in the baby aisle and works so well as on occlusive. My doctor recommeded it and I use it for all sort of things.

Postby motherluch » 03 Mar 2008, 07:14

I would leave that area alone!!!!!!!!!!! My suggestion is to keep it dry, not moist with any kind of cream. I really wouldn't put anything down there, you seem to be healing so well, leave well enough alone!!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby Guest » 03 Mar 2008, 09:38

You guys are probably right. I won't use it. But it could be a brilliant idea. It has zinc in it i'm sure. But ok ok I'll leave well enough alone and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks a lot guys! I did have a pain free BM today.

Postby Guest » 03 Mar 2008, 10:10

Image Cool-if it ain't broken don't fix it@

Postby SunshineHope » 04 Mar 2008, 16:36

Seems like it would've been interesting, but it's always a risk to try anything new, I suppose. A while ago when I was desperate, I tried using tea tree oil and it burned my ass off. If only something like that could work though, sheesh!
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38