Newbie here for my 3.5 year old

Withholding bowel movements

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Newbie here for my 3.5 year old

Postby LunaLuna39 » 01 Jul 2016, 20:13

Hello everyone, I joined this forum because my 3.5 year old daughter was diagnosed with an anal fissure. I've done some reading and we are doing the baths, ointment, trying with the diet (she hates to eat anything) etc. I feel the biggest issue is she refuses to poop. She holds it for days. Before I saw blood she would religiously poop every 4 days. Day 3 she would do her dance, sit on things and control it all day. Day 4 she just can't hold it anymore. I believe this is what has caused the fissures (one at 11 o'clock and one at 7 o'clock)
Now I believe she's more reluctant due to pain and not so much control.
Our MD has referred us to a GI and we are waiting for that appt. I'd like to take care of this on our own if that's possible.

Should I give her something to "make" her poop?
We do probiotics x2 daily. Magnesium in the form of natural calm, hydroxy b12, fish oil and zinc, and a food based multi vitamin.

It's killing me to see her in pain and the sight of blood coming from my child is disturbing.

Thank you,
Brandy
LunaLuna39

Topics: 1

Re: Newbie here for my 3.5 year old

Postby Savaici » 02 Jul 2016, 06:13

Hi and :wel:

Please consult with your doctor about this as we are only a support forum and cannot give advice for children. Sorry it's happening, but your doctor is the best one to ask about this. :rainbow:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby LunaLuna39 » 07 Jul 2016, 09:08

We have been to the Doctor. His advice was "Keep it clean" "feed her more veggies"

Thanks for your help.
LunaLuna39

Topics: 1

Postby horsetrainer » 29 Jul 2016, 18:13

I am new on this forum, too. I have hope your daughter will overcome her fissure and fear of pooping. I have three school aged kids and although they haven't had this issue, I know several parents whose children had the problem of holding in their stool. I know one mom who enrolled her daughter in a special program that is designed specifically for preschoolers with this exact problem, they do a combination of poop charting, education, and pre-determined time on the toilet. Also, I would recommend Miralax, it can be mixed into any liquid (juice, water, milk) and is usually tasteless, although I feel like I can "taste" it in how it feels in my mouth. But my sister-in-law, who is a RN, regularly mixes it into her son's juice to help keep him regular.

I have a chronic anal fissure that has turned into a possible fistula. I just saw a colorectal surgeon today and he immediately scheduled me for surgery. I have suffered with a chronic fissure for years and have tried so many things, home remedies and baths, but was so afraid of surgery and was so embarrassed that I couldn't make myself go to the doctor. Finally I told myself that if I would do it for my kids I should do it for myself. In terms of making the appointment and getting past my fear of the exam.

Good luck to you! Your daughter is lucky to have such a good mom!
horsetrainer
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby jlm1 » 16 Aug 2016, 20:24

I just want to say to hang in there! I have no suggestions really......I have suffered greatly from a fissure and hemorrhoids and I also have a 3 year old. I'm so sorry your child is dealing with this. I do think that getting her to go more regularly and keeping stools soft will help greatly. Hang in there and keep us posted!
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22