Hi, I'm Paul

Have chronic anal fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi, I'm Paul

Postby PaulB » 13 Jul 2016, 16:30

Hi, I'm Paul. I'm 56, live in Virginia and have a chronic AF since March, which I misdiagnosed as hemmorhoids until I saw a colorectal surgeon.

Like many, I'm treating my condition in lieu of surgery for the moment. The 2 to 5 percent incontinence rate is something I won't risk if I can avoid it. Though my surgeon says his personal error rate is much lower. This is a lot like lasik. Average error rates don't mean as much as your individual surgeon's error rate.

I'm finding success in pain control with a generic CVS gold bond anti itch cream that contains menthol and praximine. And I also am using orajel (20 percent benzocaine) while I wait for the Americaine (also 20 percent benzocaine) to arrive. Lidocaine, cortisone don't work for me. Make it worse in fact.

I'm going to juice fast and reboot with steamed veggies to take the strain off my fissure.

I may lose some weight too which my surgeon says will help with healing the fissure.

I follow Dr. Joel Fuhrman MD on diet which is copisetic with AF healing. I appreciate the chance to learn here and hopefully can contribute.

Paul
PaulB

Topics: 2

Re: Hi, I'm Paul

Postby UKbottomproblems » 14 Jul 2016, 01:19

Hi
I am new too and have mild symptoms - you can read my story that I posted yesterday on here. I wonder if my symptoms are mild because i don't eat dairy and eat loads of veg/fibre etc. My diet is very healthy.
I hope it'll just go away but it has been 6-7 weeks and nothing has changed much.
Hope your diet changes will help you.
UKbottomproblems

Topics: 1

Postby PaulB » 14 Jul 2016, 01:30

Thanks I'll take a look at your post. In the meantime best of luck to you and to all of us in healing. And thank you to the administrators for this forum. I've learned a lot and this is just my first day. Paul
PaulB

Topics: 2

Postby OuchX » 14 Jul 2016, 15:47

I noticed with smaller meals and softer foods(no breaded meats, no large chunks of meat, no baked goods or otherwise huge heavy Wheat Products consumed all at once) that my stool was softer and thinner. Thus passed easier... My conditions seemed to worsen though when I quit Frapps and coffee products. I think they were acting as a natural laxative for a very long time. Stopping this from ever being much of an issue. Dehydration and sitting ... my primary culprits...

I notice that as I have been inactive and sitting a heck of a lot the blood flow must be diminished down there and things get worse. When I'm active despite what I eat, it doesn't matter quite as much.

I am trying to eat a lot healthier and use Miralax..and dread surgery! Of course the surgeon will say his success rate is beyond words, we he/she not make you sign that disclaimer that says you may have permanent incontinence on that supposed great success rate?

I would leave surgery as the very last and ultimately necessary tool...
OuchX
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here