Recurring fissure after LIS

Heals before I can see my crs

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Recurring fissure after LIS

Postby caf1988 » 19 Jul 2016, 20:54

Hi it's been three months since lis and I had a host of issues with the surgical site being infected but all felt good otherwise. Went on antibiotics cleared it up. Since I've stopped the antibiotics, though, I feel like I have a new fissure. The pain is mild but it feels like cutting with harder bms and the other day I saw a tiny bit of blood in my stool and noticed a new skin tag. I saw my crs who saw nothing but I think this is because I healed the new fissure in the three days I was waiting to see him. It appears to appear after a hard bm then I am careful to heal it in a couple days but it will just rip again. Does this mean I have Crohn's? I can't believe that all this is happening still. I don't know what's wrong with me and I want to end my life at times. I'm not the same person I used to be and my life revolves around my anus. So tired. Please let me know if you can have bleeding and skin tag without a fissure or if you've experienced this.
caf1988
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: Recurring fissure after LIS

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 20 Jul 2016, 18:37

Hi sorry it's been rough. My Botox recovery phase has been slow with many days when I see blood even though I am 2 months out. My CRS believes it's in part due to a tiny hemorrhoid I have developed and also granulation tissue or healing tissue which she said was "friable" I guess she means it bleeds easy. I am never completely pain free and have had very rough days like u post Botox but overall more good than bad. Its frustrating but the good days make me realize that there will be an end even if it's a long way away and I am hopeful . You all my friends here keep me strong. Don't give up. We are with u. It will be better. Remember I have had anal fissures most of my life on and off since age 8 but not it did not mean I have Crohns. Hang in there friend.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby caf1988 » 20 Jul 2016, 19:21

Thanks so much for sharing. Really helping me out. Yeah I don't get stomach ache or anything ever - yet my doctor is obsessed with thinking I have Chrons. I too think my anus is just tighter and more prone to tears and infections. I hope the Botox works for you!
caf1988
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 20 Jul 2016, 22:20

Hope you feel better too. Life is way to precious. Having said that I have very rough days sometimes so I know exactly what u mean. But keep smiling / pain or no pain always something to smile about. Some days less than others.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2