Introduction

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Introduction

Postby Guido » 21 Jul 2016, 19:56

Helllo all,M name is Guido, I am from brazil, I am 34 years old. I just discovered this forum and I couldnt think of a place more befitting for me right now
I have been sufferin fromanal fissure for 5 years or so and in thelast 2years its only getting worse
I will take a good read on the posts already posted to fill up on extra info. Asmanyof us here know this condition can leave you miserable in mcase vn suicidal as I feel this condition has basically killed my social life and is affecting my work life just as bad, I am a teacher and sometimes during workthe pain is so intense I cant concentrate on my students.

Earlier this year I had a 2 months period where it felt ok, not hurting so much just every other day but now it came back with a vengeance. excruciating pain now comes with a terrible itching that keeps me awake at night, like if the pain wasnt enough to keep me awake, when the pain gets better the itching starts and its vicious and spreadedall over my groin.Had it checked its not jock itch or STDor anthing else, its just that the scratching spreaded and I couldnt help myself to stop its ust too much so its getting worse. well, thank you for those of you who read this.
Guido

Topics: 2

Re: Introduction

Postby Mypoorbutt » 22 Jul 2016, 10:44

Hi Guido,
Wow 5 years with a fissure, I have had mine a year and it's been awful. I like you have felt suicidal due to the agonising pain but I kept going for my children.
Do you have any creams for the pain or for the itching as we all need to sleep. I have just had Botox and found that it has helped me with the spasms not really had many at all since I had the Botox so that's been really good.
I can't help with the itching as I don't really get that it's more burning stinging. Maybe you could try coconut oil or nappy cream.
Fissures affect every part of your life social family work all suffer because the pain is so intense and we are constantly trying to think of ways to stop it.
Fingers crossed you start to feel better
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Guido » 22 Jul 2016, 18:00

Ialways used a topic cream those -caine in their names and they always seemed to work for years, this year things got worse because the pain intensified and the itching, which I had never had, started and sometimes the itching is worse than the pain really because it completely ruins your sleep. The doctor told me to use baby rash cream and a powder ver similar to corn starch to sprinlke all over before the ointment , baby wipes (which stupidly I had never used, normal toilet paper no matter how soft was hurting me further and I didnt even think about it) and also an antihistaminic,it feels a lot better now after 3 intense days in hell, well, the fissure is stillhere, hurts whenever I have bowel movement, and thebaby wipes are amazing. I am also considering starting coconut oil do you think thats a good idea? and THANK YOUvery much for answering
Guido

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 23 Jul 2016, 03:32

Hi,
Coconut oil is probably going to help the itching also if you have a shower head that is detachable you could shower the area after which is even less irritating than baby wipes, I try to avoid wiping whenever possible.
Would love to give more help with the itching but I haven't really had that problem so not researched it much.
Glad you have started to improve a bit
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20