Botox outcome and now waiting skin tag removal

Looking for anal Skin tag removal experiences due to have surgery

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Botox outcome and now waiting skin tag removal

Postby AF2016 » 14 Jun 2016, 16:54

Hi all, I am 27 year old female who has suffered from a fissure since giving birth approx 1 year. Past.

Tried all ointments, diet changes
etc but nothing worked and I was eventually referred for Botox treatment which I had in February of this year.

The Botox treatment was pretty straight forward, was slightly uncomfortable after, but improved each day and by day it felt back to Normal. This lasted for approx 6 weeks and then I started to get some niggles again but nothing
compared to what I had before, no spasms just slight pain.

At the the time of procedure I asked my surgeon if I had any piles down there which he replied "no", although I could clearly see something and knew what I could feel and see wasn't right , but who was I to question (at that time: didn't know any different and was just glad to be getting something done).

Since my procedure I have developed an anal skin tag, however I am not sure if this was already present as I did ask and was dismissed by surgeon. I no longer have the sharp pain like throbbing when passing stool so I'm guessing the fissure has healed however I get loads of pain just after BM. The pain is different to the fissure it's like a burning/stinging pain and can last hours. I take laxido sachets daily and have done for the last 8 months, I have a good diet, drink loss of water etc but feel I now rely on these.

After another lengthy wait via NHS I seen a different surgeon and he confirmed I had an anal skin tag, he couldn't see if the fissure was still there as the skin tag was in the way. He has agreed to put me to sleep, inject more Botox to the fissure if need be and remove the skin tag.

Has anyone had skin tag removed and could you share your experiences? I am happy to answer any questiones re the Botox procedure I am trying to be brief so I don't bore you's all lol.

Thanks

P.s sudocrem has really helped sooth the area, takes the sting away and seems to take effect quite quickly.
AF2016
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Botox outcome and now waiting skin tag removal

Postby Fissurefrustration » 04 Jul 2016, 15:46

Hey AF2016 welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on your baby and I'm so sorry things are hurting.

I've had botox and skin tag/scar tissue excision last year... might have been the year before now I'm loosing track of time. which position was your tag? do you get any blood on BM?

I've got the same stingy/achy/rough pain post BM which is weird but I'm just trying to cope with it. I do agree sudocrem is a lifesafer!! Whoever invented it needs a medal.

I hope things get easier for you soon, I know its tough.

Big hugs,

FF
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby AF2016 » 04 Jul 2016, 16:18

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm not sure where it's positioned, I Have my pre op tomorrow so will ask all the questiones. Finally have a date through for skin tag removal and Botox 15th Jullu :D How was your recovery following this procedure? Do you think it helped?. I'm nervous but at the same time can't go on with daily pain xx
AF2016
Fibre Addict

Postby Fissurefrustration » 04 Jul 2016, 16:21

Yea it helped me, Botox paralyses the muscle from having that horrible spasm post BM allowing more blood to get to the area.

The way I thought about it was things couldn't get much worse at that point so was greatful for anything that could help!!

I will be thinking of you, it may be a small step going for a pre op but it's a step forward - never forget that.

Ff x
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby AF2016 » 04 Jul 2016, 16:27

Aaaawh thank you that's really kind. I definitely agree I have waited this long and I'm happy finally something is getting done about it, today was bizarre the stinging was so intense and painful I had to just lie on the floor (lucky my mum was there to help with my wee girl). Then the pain just stopped like a light switch, I'm going to ask about this too as this seems to be a new pain (different from the stabbing/spasms). I had Botox in Febuary but think since then thatnive developed a skin tag and this is what is causing me the pain. Will wait and see anyway but keep yous updated xx
AF2016
Fibre Addict

Re. Day 1. Skin tag removal and Botox today on NHS

Postby AF2016 » 13 Jul 2016, 11:29

So I went in this morning to have Botox and skin tag removed. I was told the procedure itself only took 30mins or so under general anhestetic, however I woke up about an hour later in the recovery room. The wound has been left open and is dressed with small balls of cotton wool and pads, I have been told that I can remove this or it will come away itself with next Bowel movement. So far all I feel is really groggy from the anhestetic, can only feel the pressure from dressings. I was given a small dose of morohine at the time of my procedure but I am guessing this will start to ware off. Anyway will keep you all updated with my progress.
AF2016
Fibre Addict

Postby AF2016 » 14 Jul 2016, 16:18

Day 2. Had my first bowel movement yesterday evening, to my suprise it was fine no pain, I cleaned myself straight after using the shower took 2 paracetomols and went to bed. Woke up this morning apprehensive not knowing what the day lies ahead, felt some discomfort more so bruised feeling but not pain, more like a dull ache from being tampered with down there. Had my second BM at about 10am this morning, again no pain just slight uncomfortable feeling prob as I know in my head I have a wound. Anyway as the day has went on I have been feeling fine, had 2 salt baths today and took my 2 laxido sachets. The hospital prescribed me lacatalose, however I have chose to stick to what I know and so far seems to be working well. i had Botox injections in Febuary and I was really sore after for a good 5 days, so this time round having had Botox and skin tag removed I am thrilled I am not suffering. I was convinced that it must be due to have local anhestetic and morohine at time of procedure but when I spoke to the hospital today (follow up phone call), they said that would only of been in my system for 4-5hrs post surgery so well and truley or my system. Seems everyone is different, so if your getting this procedure don't be put off by all the horror stories. Will let you know how I am tommorow.
AF2016
Fibre Addict

Postby AF2016 » 16 Jul 2016, 14:17

Day 4. Didn't get a chance to post yesterday. All has been good since last time I posted, was fine all day yesterday before and after BM. This morning I felt slight stinging, especially when I used the shower head to clean but this didn't last long. From reading other people's posts on here it appears Botox works better second time around, this seems to be the case with me so far as last time I was in a lot of pain. I only have slight bleeding now, very minimal and I'm amazed how good I feel already. There's seems to be hope this time. i feel this surgeon listened, I would recommend to anyone if they are unsure or feel dismissed by a surgeon ask to be seen by someone else. My experience in another local hospital was not the same, and maybe it is down to who does the job. Will let yous know how I am doing, don't want to touch fate.
AF2016
Fibre Addict

Postby AF2016 » 24 Jul 2016, 03:49

day 12. Over the last few days i have been quite sore, more a constant stinging pain just after BM. I attempted to use sensitive alcohol free wipes and this was a definite no as caused more pain. I have to use the shower after, which can be quite an inconvenience especially as I have my little one to look after so this is why I tried the wipes. I am hoping this feeling is it starting to heal but who knows!! When I look down there it looks just the same as it did before I had the surgery, I am hoping that this is just inflammation and will go down. Can anyone else share their experiences/recovery with skin tag removal?. Will post in a few days time.
AF2016
Fibre Addict

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 24 Jul 2016, 09:36

Hi there! Yes I had and am still having ups and downs after Botox. However I did not have tag removal I have a detailed diary if it will help but at week 2 to 3 I was also confused with stings and burns and pain and bleeds. My good friend MPB ( my poor butt) has another Botox diary almost at the same time. We had ours a week apart.
I realized and my CRS confirmed that all bleeding is not bad and that healing can have some stinging and itching. The biggest realization for me is that botox (duh!)is only a tool to speed up the natural recovery and is not as fast for my healing as LIS was ( had 2 of them many years ago) . So now I am on this slow journey may 31st to now am definitely better but always ups and downs. Today is a down day but believe me you will slowly heal - it just takes perseverance to the nth degree. I am saying that to me as well as you - I am certainly sometimes slipping up with my diet and paying for it. So keep at it with full force - all the tools that help you - Botox will be a loyal friend especially when it really kicks in after 2 to 3 weeks. Day 12 it's still not at maximal effect.
Plus with with skin tag removal my CRS did mention if I had chosen that option that adds a little to healing time.
It will slowly but surely improve.
Hope this helps
Best
HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2