Could I have a fistula?

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Could I have a fistula?

Postby Mae » 24 Jul 2016, 22:13

Okay so last week I didn't drink enough water, had hard stool, and either re-tore my old fissure (it hasn't been a full year yet) or maybe got a new one, idk. But it seemed to heal within a couple days, which was faster than ever before, so I was really happy about that. I have zero pain or bleeding and feel absolutely normal. However, every time I fart now it..... makes my labia move..? Like the fart bubble goes up betweem them and makes an embarrassing noise. XP Which I know happens naturally to women sometimes, but it hardly ever happened to me before this week, and it's been pretty much every fart all week... So I'm terrified I have a fistula now. Even though judging from the blood on my toilet paper last week, I'm pretty sure the fissure was on the side *away* from the vagina. It's hard to tell for sure though. Blah. Do fistulas cause pain? Cuz I don't have any pain whatsoever. Just this weird, awkward fart issue. I seriously wouldn't be worried if it weren't for the fact that those type of things never happened to me before this week. :groan:
● Fissure first appeared Nov '14
● Cycle of healing and reappearing
● Using conservative methods (metamucil, managing anxiety)
Mae
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: Could I have a fistula?

Postby Mae » 24 Jul 2016, 23:36

(Another idea I had was that maybe I just got a new skin tag and since it's on the posterior side it's helping "direct" the wind forward towards my labia. Or the old one was swelling up and doing that. But from what I can tell with a flashlight and mirror, everything looks about the same. It has been awhile since I've looked at it though!)

I've also gained a lot of weight recently, maybe I'm just not used to a high fiber diet while I'm at this weight? Because of course I've been hitting the metamucil harder than I have since before gaining this 40 lbs...
● Fissure first appeared Nov '14
● Cycle of healing and reappearing
● Using conservative methods (metamucil, managing anxiety)
Mae
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: Could I have a fistula?

Postby thedude » 25 Jul 2016, 11:42

I doubt it's a fistula.

Do you have any drainage? Normall you'll get drainage from a fistula, and possibly a good bit of pain if the fistula isn't completely open outside. It can form an abscess which you'll know you have just because any touching down there will be extremely painful.

I doubt that the farting has anything to do with a fistula.
thedude
Salt Bather

Topics: 3