Please help me out!

Stinging Pain!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Please help me out!

Postby Hope1992 » 04 Jul 2016, 04:35

Hello All,
I have been suffering from sharp pain during BM and the pain afterwards would go upto 7 to 8 hours (which is worse than the pain during BM). I have been to a GP who has examined and concluded saying that there is an internal fissure. He has prescribed me with a 0.2% nitroglycerin ointment. I have been using the ointment from past two weeks and the only good thing about it is that it has reduced the after BM pain (controlled the spasms I believe) which is now only upto 2 hours (can I consider this as healing?). I follow a good fibre diet and my stool is always soft. But nothing is changing the pain during BM. Also I have these weird pricky sensations around the area throughout the day. Does this usually happen? I really do not understand if the nitro is healing me or the fissure down there is getting worse. Do I still need to stick with the nitro or go back to the GP? I really feel hopeless and do not want to consider surgery at this point. Please help.
Hope1992
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Please help me out!

Postby Mypoorbutt » 04 Jul 2016, 08:38

Hi, hope,
It sounds like you caught your fissure pretty quickly so that is good.
My spasms used to last for hours could be in pain for 10 - 12 hours but the nitro stopped that. If your spasms are a lot less then yes your fissure should start to heal. Maybe you could have some sitz baths through the day as well that might help.
Trust me you would know if the fissure was getting worse as the nitro doesn't stop a full on spasm from a fissure that's getting worse.
My doc has let me put the nitro on 4 x a day now as it's pretty bad so if you feel you need too you could ask your doc if you can do that. There is always coconut oil to help with the stinging....I also use hypercal.
You stand a really good chance of getting your fissure to heal so don't worry about surgery as most dr recommend at least 8 weeks on nitro before anything else...got to give your skin time to heal.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Hope1992 » 04 Jul 2016, 09:03

Thank you for the reply. This means a lot to me. I will continue using the nitro. Forgot to mention that I have a skin tag which developed three weeks back due to the fissure which is freaking me out. I have read somewhere that a fissure with a skin tag would not heal with ointments/CCB's and may require a surgery. I hope that this is not true. And yes I will start taking sitz bath 2/3 times a day. Fingers crossed!!
I may not be very experienced to give an advice but try to get some sleep at least for an hour or do some breathing exercises after every BM. This may sound strange but this is how I am controlling my sphincter from going into spasm. Good luck with healing .
Hope1992
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 04 Jul 2016, 11:01

Thanx hope,
I will give that a try. My CRS said that a sentinel pile/skin tag shouldn't stop healing. My fissure is long and deep so will be needing LIS later this year but even then he said he would probably leave the sentinel pile alone as they do diminish over time and as long as they aren't too troublesome the less messing about down there the better lol
Mypoorbutt

Postby Hope1992 » 09 Aug 2016, 00:37

Hello everyone,
I would like to thank everyone here for sharing every valuable information. I don't know where i would have been had I not found this forum.
So I have been using nitro since 7 weeks and I have seen a lot of improvement. My spasms have stopped but I still have little pain during and after BM's. I am unable to figure out what is causing this pain though my BM is always soft (almost like a toothpaste). My question is should I still continue to use nitro? And for how long?? I have only a week left to complete 8 weeks on nitro and this very thought is freaking me out. Will the spasms come back if I stop using the nitro?? I don't want to go back to that stage again. I haven't been to the GP again as I fear that the rectal examination would irritate the fissure. I have had good days with little pain for 30 minutes and few bad days where I feel pain for an hour or two. It is almost like a roller coaster ride. Am i on the path of healing? If so how long does it take to heal completely? I don't want to give up on this after reaching this far. Please suggest.
Hope1992
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Aug 2016, 14:48

Hi hope,
Have you tried putting s barrier cream on just before you go to the toilet as the softer BMs can get into the fissure more than the harder one and tend to cause me a lot of stinging and burning
I would carry on with the nitro and if your spasms have stopped and your not having any pain then you are probably very early healed.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Hope1992 » 09 Aug 2016, 22:07

Thanx MPB. I will start using the barrier cream. Also I have a little sharp pain during my BM's everyday (pain level: 1 out of 10) but not anything compared to those earlier days of fissure. Is this anything to do with the softer BM's? How is a perfect BM supposed to be for a fissure? And yes I will continue to use the nitro. I have also been using hypercal as per your suggestion and it is of great help. Thank you for guiding me :D
I have read your Botox diary and i wish you get healed soon. Good luck recovering! :%_+:
Hope1992
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 10 Aug 2016, 06:21

Hi hope,
I think everyone is different with their fissure as I know that some find the toothpaste texture BM works perfect for them, maybe it's something to do with the position of the fissure as mine is high up and not easy to clean even with the shower so any residue left really does sting.
Thanks hope I'm holding out my hope for the LIS later on this year
Mypoorbutt

Postby Hope1992 » 01 Sep 2016, 08:53

Hello,
It's been a while since I posted here. Well things are going smoothly from last two weeks (no pain during/after BM) except for one day where I had a hard BM (had pain for 5-6 hours on this day). I dreaded the BM the next day but no pain. But I still do feel a slight burning sensation (1/10) for about 20-30min everyday. I am still on nitro and have been following the same diet ever since I had fissure (2months ago). I am thinking to stop using the nitro (used for 10 weeks, 2 times a day) and see if I am good down there without it. I hope this is not a stupid decision at this point!!??
How long does it take to completely feel normal as if nothing has happened there? Has anyone who healed their fissure through the ointments felt 100% normal again? I searched the forum to get answers for this question but couldn't find any :cry: . Also I have seen posts where many asked the same question but dint get any reply for it :roll: . I guess people who have healed might have moved on with their lives.
Hope1992
Fibre Addict