New member - accident with sex toy!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New member - accident with sex toy!

Postby Firefly » 18 Aug 2016, 10:38

Hello everybody,

I'm 38yo male with recent rectum trauma which made me Google for my symptoms...and well, path led here.

What has happened to me over week and a half ago. I ordered few packs of special condoms from local webstore for me and my wife. There was a free "gift" included, which was a prostate massager similar to this

https://www.huippukiva.fi/p/4301/g-pist ... e=uudenetu

Well one day I decided to give it a go. I coated the massager with water based lube and inserted it to my bottom. Insertion was totally pain free and I just laid on my back enjoying myself.

Things started to go terribly wrong after 30 minutes, when I decided it's time to remove the massager from my bottom. I grabbed the small knob (left outside when inserted) and started pulling outwards steadily. It didn't move. Only tissue around my anus bulged slightly outwards while I tried to pull. I panicked and made new attempt, using more force while my rectum muscles were still tightly contracted. At some point, toy suddenly popped out from my rear and I was relieved I managed to get it out.

Few hours later, the pain in anus and around started and I got really scared. I headed to E.R. and tell doctor exactly what has happened. I also realized I should have get there earlier and not attempt to remove toy by myself.
Doctor did proctoscopy on me and said that there's just few small scratches on anal canal. No tears, bleeding or anything. Sphincter tonus was normal. He said I was good to go. I was relieved but this was premature.

Over two weeks have passed and following symptoms have surfaced:

- Burning pain on my rectum, buttocks, perineum, groin, pubic area, scrotum
- Stinging pain on tip of my penis
- Urinary problems like urgency, hesitation, burning pain when urinating
- Diminished but not totally lost sensation on skin area around rectum

As you may guess, I'm in total misery. I've lived past two weeks in some sort of living nightmare, being afraid of future with these symptoms. I truly believe I've acquired permanent nerve damage with this attempt to gain pleasure.

I've seen PCP, Urology, Neurologist. Urologist said it's chronic prostatitis which I'm finding hard to believe since prostate was not painful during DRE. I've asked everyone could it be stretched pudendal nerve causing all these symptoms. Doctors have said it's unlikely because of no visible tissue damage. PCP said I should not worry, because there's medical procedure "dilatatio violenta ani" where sphincter is literally expanded to much wider than my prostate massager was.

Is this pain from a scratch visible in anal mucosa or something more severe? I wish pain free evening to everyone on this board!
Firefly
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: New member - accident with sex toy!

Postby Canadabum » 18 Aug 2016, 17:33

Firefly -- so sorry to hear about your misadventure. It will be difficult for anyone here to "diagnose" what you have...bottom line is you are in pain and a bit freaked out....no worries, we've all been there!

our bottoms are super sensitive...tons of nerves...so it is not surprising that you are experiencing pain and weird sensations. It is also not too uncommon for there to me some urinary issues -- i had some early on. I dont know what it is about other than one's body going in to total stress mode.

If pain persists when peeing i would think you should get it checked out...some sort of infection? Have you started drinking cranberry juice...can help some urinary tract infections.

Give yourself some time to heal...and if pain persists head to a CRS who has seen this and much more for some medical advice.

Best,
Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Firefly » 19 Aug 2016, 09:48

Hi Canadabum,

Thank you for your supportive and warmhearted response. I'm just worried as mad because my symptoms persist and are not responding well to my current pain medicine (Xylocain 2% oinment + parasetamol w codeine).

I've seen gastroenterologist week ago and he said that everything is all right down there, despite those small scratches. Blood works show no traces of acute infection. Maybe I'm just too stressed out at the moment because of all this and can't let go observing and watching my body reactions.

And yes, I've started drinking cranberry juice 0,5 liters per day :)
Firefly
Fibre Addict

Postby Canadabum » 19 Aug 2016, 09:58

I found stress is a contributor in my discomfort - likely this will pass....just not as fast as you'd like.

All best - CB
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Buttpalsteven » 28 Aug 2016, 10:41

Hi Firefly,

I appreciate you being adventurous and trying a toy - and I'm sad you had a bad experience with your prostate massager. I hope that you one day give a prostate massage toy another chance to bring different pleasures to your sex life.

I more than understand your concern over what happened - however, as CB stated, it has only been 2 weeks. Within the 2 weeks, you saw 3-4 different doctors. I recommend giving yourself a few weeks to see how you are doing. Even the tiniest of scratches can take a month or two to heal. The emotional stress of seeing all of the doctors (and having some of them examine your butt) can sometimes make your symptoms feel worse and could even potentially aggravate your scratches (assuming you have some as denoted by your first doctor).

Pain in your tip, burning sensation on your bum, as well painful urination and urgency to go could be symptoms of an STD or infection (make sure you wash toys off before using, if you didn't) so keep that as possible tests to have with your doctor in the future if you arn't feeling relief soon from those symptoms. As CB said, they could potentially be symptoms of your rectal trauma - but they are more likely indicators of something else - especially if your symptoms are causing you constant misery.

Chronic Prostatitis as mentioned by your urologist also sounds likely with what you mentioned. Just because you didn't experience pain during your DRE doesn't mean the odds of having the condition have diminished. You should take your doctors diagnoses seriously. If you disagree with his diagnosis, I recommend seeing another urologist rather than going from one type of doctor to the next right away. I'm not an MD nor am I examining you, but nerve damage (stretching or otherwise) is very unlikely (although possible) from the result of your toy.

Take some warm baths, keep up on Cranberry juice for a few days, and rest up! I am hoping you find quick relief soon.
Buttpalsteven
Salt Bather

Postby Firefly » 28 Aug 2016, 13:05

Hello Steven,

Appreciate your response.

I really wish this is one of those not-so-pleasant experiences in my life to will come and go.

It's now been 4 weeks since this happened and I'm still in pain. Unfortunately, pain has not eased a bit. Worst symptom is burning/tearing sensation extending horizontally to my buttocks from the level between my coccyx and anus. Also pain in anus, perineum and scrotum.

I have not been tested for STDs but I find it unlike possibility for my symptoms since I'm living in a stable relationship and symptoms pretty much started after my "experiment". Still this is one possibility until its excluded. Urine/blood screens taken were negative for any infection. Bladder sonogram was unremarkable.

During my last appointment this week, doctor did a DRE again and this time prostate was really painful. Now she would like me to start alfuzosin (Alfablocker) for frequent urination and prostate pain, but I read that alfablockers have caused priapism to some poor individuals. I know, it's extremely rare side effect and many men benefit from using it but only the idea of losing my private part is too unbearable and frightening. So I chose suffering instead. She didn't recommended any other medicine saying they wouldn't work for my symptoms.

I'm on sick leave from work wishing this would clear up soon and I could carry on my normal life.

Greetings from the Sitz bath!
Firefly
Fibre Addict

Postby Buttpalsteven » 28 Aug 2016, 14:25

Hi again,

I am very sad to hear you are still suffering from this. I apologize that my advice was ultimately unhelpful - know that we are here though, you are not alone. I also hope others will be able to chime in, sometimes even the littlest bit of advice can offer great relief. You will get better, one way or another. Don't give up!

The reason I was suggesting STI is sometimes you can have them for years (even a lifetime) without symptoms. Sometimes a scratch can increase the infection or change the site of the infection and cause symptoms. However, after reading your follow up post, that is very unlikely (especially with the other issues you are facing). It is so strange all of this occurred after using the massager though! I can't imagine how frustrated you must be - not knowing what is wrong is sometimes the worst of it all. I'm so sorry things arn't getting better yet. They will though, I am hopeful for you! Hopefully one of your doctors has given you pain medication to help you cope in the mean time.

I tried researching on the Alfablocker to see what the frequency of priapism is as a result but I couldn't find frequency information. Does anyone else here know this information? It would be nice if it's really low and could put your fear at ease!! I know the odds are scary but you have to believe that you will be in the group that benefit from the drug - and get your life back on track!

Keep us in the loop as you learn more.. we want to hear of your recovery soon!
Buttpalsteven
Salt Bather

Postby Firefly » 02 Sep 2016, 02:50

Hello guys,

Some update. I'm still suffering from burning pain in anus and radiating burning pain on top part of my buttocks. Urinating frequence has decreased maybe a little, so I don't have to rush to toilet 3x times per hour. That's the good news. I also get little relief from using Lidocaine 2% gel internally, but I have to replenish the gel every 30 minutes because the soothing effect wears off pretty quickly. If I could only find other ointment that would last longer. My doctor already suggested to start gabapentine, but I don't want to start that either at this point. I'm not going to give up on this!
Firefly
Fibre Addict

Postby Buttpalsteven » 24 Sep 2016, 10:10

Hello my friend, I was thinking about you and wanted to see how you are doing. Are you finding relief?
Buttpalsteven
Salt Bather

Postby Firefly » 24 Sep 2016, 11:36

Hello Steven,

Thank you for asking how I do. Unfortunately I'm still struggling with my condition. Here's some update to my situation...

It's now been almost two months since my accident happened. I'm still feeling constant burning sensation in my anus (also few inches up inside) and inner aspects of buttocks below the tailbone. Also random dull aches deep in both buttocks and penis. Urination frequence has settled down a bit. I don't have to rush to toilet every 20 minutes
anymore, thus can hold it more than an hour easily. Also, I'm not feel much pain in my perineum after I started consistently avoid sitting when it's possible.

One day my urologist did a cystoscopy for me and I felt pain only when scope was entering my prostate. It literally felt like hot, red glowing steel rod was being pushed to there and I it made me yelp loudly! Uro was kind of pleased of my reaction and told me that it only further concluded his earlier diagnose of chronic prostatis. Otherwise the test was normal. He told me there was nothing more he could do for me and told me I should start seeing a physiotherapist who's specialized treating pelvic pain.

I've found a good PT who's working in this field and I've seen her few times. Treatment plan consists of electric stimulation using EMS device and internal/external massage of pelvic floor muscles. I was very impressed when she was able to pinpoint my pain to the left edge of levator ani muscle. She said it was remarkably more "tight" than contra side. LA is a hammock shaped flat, thin muscle surrounding the anus. She's very compassionate and warmhearted lady, knows pelvic floor anatomy obviously very well and believes she can help me to get better.

I tried amitriptyline 1x10mg for one week, but start to have strange half erections throughout a day. I freaked out and stopped taking them.

This has started to take huge toll on me psychologically. I'm trying to think positive and keep up the happy face, but there's not a single day I'm thinking if I've permanently ruined myself. Luckily I can work (half time now) and I still got my wife + our dogs beside me.
Firefly
Fibre Addict