Long flight hours and constipation

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Long flight hours and constipation

Postby Myitzu » 11 Sep 2016, 22:34

I have suffered from Anal fissure for about six months and applied for nitro cream since my pain was correctly treated by doctor and also helped with this group members. Now, I was healed since end of July but I am still taking Miralax and applying nitro cream. Bu I am worried that I have to fly long hours in November and found out the one health web site, saying that inside air plane pressure can dry out the human skin and as well as from colon and 40% can get constipated.
Is there any suggestion to prevent from constipated and I do not want to re tear my fissure again that I have suffered for long time, I am sure that I will be drinking water on the plane but still worry about that.
All suggestions are welcome who had experience with that, thanks in advance.
Myitzu
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: Long flight hours and constipation

Postby Savaici » 13 Sep 2016, 13:44

I have the same problem. Don't drink spirits or wine. Eat light. Drink a lot of water.

It is important to hydrate your body before any long period of inactivity, and the dry airplane atmosphere is particularly taxing. Drinking water before a trip hydrates your skin, oxygenates your muscles, and regulates your bodily fluids, alleviating swelling and liquid retention. Recycled air and pressurized cabins increase dehydration, so it’s recommended that you drink four to six ounces of water per hour in the air. A great bet is to bring an empty water bottle and fill it up post-security, just before the flight. If you get bored of water, try coconut water as an alternative. Coconut water hydrates faster than water, contains five essential electrolytes, and includes as much potassium as a banana. Another option is to drink a bottle or two of water (or coconut water) en route to the airport in case you fall asleep and forget to hydrate inflight! And don't forget to take your Miralax!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Long flight hours and constipation

Postby Myitzu » 13 Sep 2016, 16:36

Many thanks Savaici, I do not drink alcohol with my arthritic, as you said, I will stick with water or coconut water, onward flight is on night time, it's good I can drink lots of water at home but inward flight is day time, so I have to drink on the plane and will choose seat near toilet that I do pee a lot with drinking water. And I won't forget to take Miralax that saves my life,
Thanks again and greatly appreciated,
Myitzu
Salt Bather

Topics: 4