New member - accident with sex toy!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New member - accident with sex toy!

Postby Savaici » 24 Sep 2016, 11:51

I really think that you should see a Colon and Rectal Surgeon rather than a Gastro doctor and get an examination under anesthesia. You might have pain that is reflected to other places in the region - I know that I did - and still have a fissure. GPs and GIs are notorious for not recognizing the different pain that can be connected. After all, we have so many nerves down there. And don't think that you have permanently ruined yourself or worry about STDs as previously suggested. :huggies:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Firefly » 24 Sep 2016, 12:38

Hi Savaici,

Interesting you mentioned it. Yesterday I left a callback to one Rectal Surgeon working in a nearby hospital. I read her blog about different rectal conditions. Her assistant told me that she would call me on Monday.

I've have had couple of proctoscopies by GPs and they've seen only small, superficial scratches 5 or 6cm inside.

You mentioned reflected pain. May I ask what happened to you?

Edit: I'm not sure if this relates, but when sitting on a toilet I my rectum bulges outside maybe 0.5cm-1cm. It looks swollen and there's dark blue spots here and there. Maybe small reddish marks too. Theres also clear blood marks on the toilet paper when wiping. Those are hemorroids right? When I stand up, bulged portion quickly pulls back and all seems normal down there. I remember to have these before.
Firefly
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Savaici » 24 Sep 2016, 21:47

Happens to me too. Just don't push, or if you do, only use your stomach muscles. We all have hemorrhoids, so that is probably what's happening. I quite often have blood, so unless you think you're anemic, I would not worry about it.

AFs are notorious for giving pain in different areas. My vagina hurt, I had difficulty weeing, I thought I had Pudendal Neuralgia, among numerous other delights. I had a sigmoidoscopy to be told I had hemorrhoids internally...which confirmed what I wish I had not paid a fortune to know for sure, and all the doctors I saw said I just had a tiny fissure. Fissures are hell. Most pain I have ever had, for months on end. Worse than giving birth by far!!

Try not to 'wipe' by the way; just dab. And do see the CRS.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Firefly » 25 Sep 2016, 02:55

You know, I have also self diagnosed me Pudendal Neuralgia because I feel burning pain in classic sites of PN. Urologist told me there's no way for that. There can also be multiple conditions like some neural irritation + AF and symptoms are overlapping. Living in a uncertainty is excruciating which is where I'm at. What is concrete in my case is that all these pains started after hours I forced that anal toy out. I was pretty healthy and living my life pain free before. Well my back hurts sometimes but it was walk in a park compared to this.

Glad to hear that despite horrible pain you must be living in, at least you know and "see" your enemy - that internal hemorroid! I hope there's something that can be done to help you.

Let you know what CRS says.

Thank you for your informative post, S.

Edit: I don't think it's fissure because the pain is never aggravated when finger is inserted. Instead there's painful spots on rectum walls/muscles.
Firefly
Fibre Addict

Postby Firefly » 28 Sep 2016, 13:00

Today was my CRS appointment.

He was very hasty already when I stepped in to his office. I was his last patient tonight.

After I told him my story he asked me to take supine position on the exam table. Next, He performed a DRE. Poked his finger here and there and ask if I felt any pain. Prostate was not painful neither was my anus. And that was pretty much of it. He said I have no anal fissure and it is probably a nerve issue and there was nothing he could for me. Recommended I should start taking gabapentin and continue seeing my physiotherapist. I left slightly disappointed.
Firefly
Fibre Addict

Postby positivesun » 02 Oct 2016, 22:12

Hello friend

I am thankful to have found someone else in the same exact boat as me, unfortunately I wish that we weren't in this boat.

I had a very similar situation with a sex toy, my first time ever trying one as well.

I am now 8 months past that experience, and I had the same symptoms as you, including pain in the tip of my penis initially which eventually went away.

Very little information to go off online or from doctors. I am surprised this hasn't happened to more people.

I wish I could say I was 100% better, but I am definitely miles from where I use to be. My main problems now are a constant mild sensation around my anus.

I will stay in contact and update you with anything I find that helps. As a fellow suffer, please do the same for me if you are able to get to the bottom of this situation.

This isn't an issue with the prostate or an STI. I am hoping time will heal all wounds. If you have any questions let me know. Best of luck.
positivesun
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Firefly » 03 Oct 2016, 06:06

Positivesun,

I sent you a PM. After researching and learning from several health boards what people insert to their rear in seek for sexual pleasure, I'm absolutely certain there's lot of others in this very same situation. I believe most of the co sufferers just don't want to write about it even anonymously. Take care.
Firefly
Fibre Addict

Postby Firefly » 05 Oct 2016, 14:18

Saw another gastrosurgeon today for 2nd opinion. He noticed hemorrhoids and prescribed me a Neoproct ointment. He was the first doc who told me I have them. He said it's unlikely that my anus/pelvic floor pain could be explained only with hems. No scratches or fissures were found. If no relief in two weeks then I should go to sigmoidoscopy.

He also ordered a MRI of lower abdomen. I went to a other clinic for the scan today and something really weird happened. Nurse warned me before procedure that I probably would feel some warmth on my body during the scan. I wasn't too worried about it. Scan took 30-40 minutes and I started to feel warmth all over my body while scan was ongoing. I just didn't expect it to last several hours after! It's like I'm having a mild fever. Thermometer said 37.1C which is little above of my normal temp. Has anyone here experienced the same after MRI? My back and head has been scanned few times and nothing like this has happened before.
Firefly
Fibre Addict

Postby positivesun » 05 Oct 2016, 19:43

Thank you for the update Firefly!

Please let us know the results once you receive them. I have never had that experience with an MRI but I haven't had very many in my life.

Also please let us know if the hemmeroid cream helps at all.

Best of luck to you my friend!
positivesun
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Firefly » 06 Oct 2016, 09:22

Got my MRI results today and it was unremarkable. Only small amount of peritoneal fluid, not pathological. Back to square one...

Frankly, I'm not too happy to try the Neoproct. I tried Scheriproct Neo (lighter stuff) ointment about month ago and for some reason it made me feel sick and nauseus less than a minute I had applied it. Discussed about this with my gastrosurgeon and he bluntly replied, "I've never heard anyone had such side effect from using Neoproct". And that was it. Based on my own experiences, doctors have never heard about any side effects of medicines they prescribe.

Still, thank you positivesun for cheer up :)
Firefly
Fibre Addict