I need some TLC

Fissure reopened

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I need some TLC

Postby erbear » 01 Nov 2016, 01:12

Hello,

I need some hope and uplifting suggestions. For 2 months my fissure seemed to heal and I was so happy, even my husband noticed a difference in my spirits. I knew they can reoccur so I kept on my strict diet and kept with my routine. But then....

This morning, I strained more than I should but I was in the middle of a BM and even being calm about it, it still would not budge in the middle of the stool (sorry for the details). As you can all expect, I had bleeding and pain. I am so distraught today, I spent most of the day crying feeling like it will never completely heal and I have to deal with this for the rest of my life. Has anyone had reoccurrence and was still able to heal? Do any of us heal forever?! I hate how one little backstep can ruin my day and make me depressed. Am I the only one? I want to start a family soon, but knowing how pregnancy can often worsen these issues, I'm too scared.

Have any of you gone back to Diltz after taking a break? I was so excited to stop it after a long 3 months.
erbear
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Re: I need some TLC

Postby felix » 01 Nov 2016, 15:18

:smilyhug: poor you! I have had similar happen to me a couple of times and have ongoing issues but on the whole am so much better so I think it is poss to heal again after a blip like this. Have you tried movicol while you are healing and hot baths etc.. ? I would get back on the dilt for a bit if it normally helps you. I really do know how you feel but I have learnt that these things can feel awful one day and ok the next so I would hang in there! As for having a family, I had a second child after a nasty tear with the first ( which I think started all this!) and it was fine do don't let an af stop you from having kids, life is too short xxx
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby erbear » 01 Nov 2016, 17:02

Thank you for the encouragement. I think I took it as, if I didn't heal after all of these changes and meds this time, it will never heal. What is movicol? Thank you for sharing your experience with childbirth and your fissure. It helps hearing from someone who went through it. And you are right, I shouldn't let this fissure control my life.
erbear
Salt Bather

Postby felix » 01 Nov 2016, 17:11

It's really hard to stay bloody positive sometimes though!! Movicol is a stool softener, I think called miralax in USA... Not sure where you are. I really hope you feel a bit better soon. I find some mindfulness meditation or a bit of yoga can be helpful for the emotional side of it all.
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby erbear » 01 Nov 2016, 17:14

Yes!! The emotional side is almost worse. Yesterday I was crying and so upset all day I couldn't even let myself enjoy dinner with my husband. Next time I get that way, I am going to take your advice and meditate!

Are there any other remedies you tried that helped? I was just doing some research on Medihoney and I saw you mentioned in the post ones. What are your thoughts?

Aw, I just saw your emoji hug and that is exactly what I needed. Bless your soul!
erbear
Salt Bather

Postby felix » 02 Nov 2016, 13:38

You are welcome! It's so hard dealing with this and it's not like you can just tell people you have a sore bum!! I have tried lots of things, the most successful has been diet, coconut oil on everything o eat and using a calendula nipple cream, it has beeswax and vit e in it but to be honest it just comes and goes randomly! I really think changing how o think about it has helped a lot and bring kind to myself... X
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist