3 months now

Male 40's newbie

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: 3 months now

Postby Mr Fissure » 23 Oct 2016, 11:53

Hi mypoorbutt,

Hope you managed to get through your course ok..?! 10 hours sitting down would destroy me!

Funnily enough, your last message about trying to live your life as much as possible spurred me on to go to the match with my Dad yesterday, when beforehand I was thinking of giving up the tickets. Added bonus was we won, so despite the hard plastic seats it was a good afternoon - so thanks for that ! :cheers:

Your comments about relationships also brought a smile to my face, although you did hit the nail on the head for my current predicament. How on earth can I even think about trying to start a relationship when I've got something like this - especially when it has such an effect on the sex side of things...?! Sorry to hear your hubby is struggling to understand your situation - that's the big problem with AF's isn't it, unless you've actually experienced one, its very difficult to understand how debilitating they can be (both physically and mentally).

A fair few bath soaks/showers, drying myself down there with a hair dryer and wearing soft trousers seems to have helped my rash somewhat, but thanks for the MSM tip. I've had spasms on and off all this afternoon, which I'm putting down to a bit of reaction to yesterday, so I'm off now for another soak whilst my tea cooks.

I'm booked to see my Doc again on Tuesday...angling to get an appointment to see a consultant this time.

Anyway off to run that bath! Here's hoping you're still in one piece after your course and that you have a good pain-free week to come.

Take care
Mr F.
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 23 Oct 2016, 12:28

Well the 10 hours were not fun but could have been worse.
So glad you managed to get to the match yesterday and you won so that was even better. These things stop us doing so much, that when we don't have spasms it's best to try and seize the moment as who knows when it will come again.
I have no idea how you manage to start a relationship...not when sex is so painful it spoils it before it's begun. I agree that the main problem for others is that there are no outward signs of the AF, when I'm not having spasms I look normal and healthy in fact more healthy now I have lost a lot extra weight. But the problem is even when the spasms aren't there the stinging burning and aching often is, but no one sees that.
Insist on an appointment with a CRS (where are you in UK) no one deserves to live in this pain, not when in essence it can be helped pretty easily. I'm sure you would get offered help you might even get the LIS straight away without having to have Botox first coz your male (no jealousy there honest lol) and are a lower risk. In 6 months time this could easily be a bad memory.
Enjoy your bath and good luck at the docs
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Mr Fissure » 26 Oct 2016, 06:17

Hi Mypoorbutt

Hope you're doing ok this week, after your weekend exertions! To be able to sit for that duration tells me your on the right path already...As you say though, when you're feeling ok, it is good to try and seize the moment and at least try and live some sort of life! The weekend did me the wolrd of good, even if only temporary (see below!).

In case you were wondering how I went yesterday, unfortunately real life got in the way and I had to cancel my appointment. Had a bit of an emergency with my dog and it ended up being him seeking medical treatment, rather than me! He's still not out the woods yet and I face more trips to the vets later this week/early next. I've re-arranged my appointment for next week now, when fingers crossed my little mate will be on the road to recovery...Got to say it was the last thing I needed right now, but hey ho, that's life!

Not feeling great again today, but probably a combination fo travelling to and fro yesterday and the stress. Anyway, hope you're having a better week, let me know if you have any more developments /a date for your LIS etc...

Take Care
Mr.F
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mr Fissure » 02 Nov 2016, 15:32

So I've had a good 4 or 5 days with relatively less pain ( though sitting still uncomfortable). Nevertheless, I went to the Doctor's yesterday and he felt that as I was showing quite a bit of improvement since my last visit, I should give it another month doing what I'm already doing and then see where we're at.

He also said that as I was showing signs of progress (albeit slow with setbacks along the way) that a CRS would be unlikely to want to perform an LIS on me anyway...!?!

My vertigo still hasn't gone, but he doesn't feel it's related to the Rectogesic, so he gave me another tube, plus some meds to counteract the vertigo.

Today was going well, but after a slightly longer walk with the dog than normal, I'm now in quite a bit of discomfort tonight, and worrying what I've done. The mental torture of this condition really doesn't want to let go does it!? :-(

Mypoorbutt, if you're reading, hope you're continuing to make progress...
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 02 Nov 2016, 17:30

Hi Mr F,
Really glad to hear your doing a bit better. The worse thing about fissures is how slow the healing is. Glad you got more GTN and that the vertigo isn't linked to it...fissures with nothing to stop a spasm must be like the twilight zone. I'm sure you won't have done permanent damage probably just tired that area out a bit or maybe got a bit of extra blood flow perhaps.
I'm having my LIS on Tuesday after my bloods came back that I'm malnourished....shockingly a diet of bread and protein for 18 months will do that to you, but hey I'm getting the op so I'm not bothered and it's at a private hospital... I went today for a pre op it's very posh lol. It really can't come soon enough as even my bread diet hasn't stopped me spending most of the last 3 days on the loo.
I will of course be writing my LIS experience mainly for my own sanity but also reading others experiences really helped.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Mr Fissure » 03 Nov 2016, 11:04

Ooh that's great news!!

Just think this time next week it'll all be over bar the shouting and you'll be firmly on the road to recovery ! 8) Really very pleased for you - its been a long road for you, and you certainly deserve some luck. Nice that you've got it in a private hospital too...Please let us know how you get on, once your on the mend!

I feel a little better today thanks, but it is pretty tender. At least I've got some Rectogesic to relax the IS again. Just a typical 2 steps forward, 1 step back for me, I guess, hopefully nothing more. But its a bugger whenever I feel I'm really making progress it comes and smacks me in the chops..! (I'm sure you know all about it !).

Anyway, all the very best for you next Tuesday, I'll be thinking of you....

Take care
Mr F.
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 03 Nov 2016, 14:18

Glad you feel a bit better today and the rectogesic is a life saver. I think like you say that's the hardest part of a fissure the constant roller coaster ride....it's awful that when you feel like your improving the fissure stamps it feet and very loudly throws a tantrum. But we will win eventually.
Yes I'm nervous but def looking forward to it...just hoping it works will be having serious words with my surgeon to make sure he cuts enough...non of this being cautious for me thank you very much lol
Hope you have a pain free weekend
Mypoorbutt

Postby Mr Fissure » 07 Nov 2016, 16:17

Hi mypoorbutt,

Just in case you're reading this, wanted to send you a quick good luck message for tomorrow!

I'm sure you're probably a little apprehensive right now, but try to be brave and remember why you're going through with this! Tomorrow is the start of you getting your life back! :cheers:

Wishing you all the very best and looking forward to hearing all about it! 8)

Take care
Mr Fissure
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 07 Nov 2016, 18:20

Awww thanx so much mr f was actually sat here about to cry lol...I'm so nervous which I know is silly but thanx again you made me smile
Mypoorbutt

Postby Savaici » 07 Nov 2016, 21:05

All the best to you, Mypoorbutt. Look forward to hearing from you and a big :smilyhug:

Soon be all done!!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222