Scared

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Scared

Postby Lsfb1989 » 14 Nov 2016, 05:47

I have had a chronic fissure for about 8 years, had rectogesic about 6 years ago, went back to GP last year and got Anusol and Laxido. The fissure has reached a new low now, I am in agony, it bleeds about a tablespoon everytime I go, and the pain means if I am at work, I cant go back to my desk for a while due to the pain. I am seeing a new GP later today, and am terrified. Terrified of being fobbed off, told nothing can be done. The pain really doesnt stop. If I happen to clench, the pain is still there. I have done research on the web, it doesnt seem to cover fissures when you are a 27 year old female. Can anything be done?
Lsfb1989
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Re: Scared

Postby Mypoorbutt » 14 Nov 2016, 06:24

Hi L,
Sorry to hear you are suffering its such an awful pain that stays all day.
There are lots of things that can be done obviously your s young woman don't know if you have or are wanting children which may change whether a surgeon will offer you LIS but you should still be able to have Botox injections as they are temporary and will not have any impact long term. They have the same affect as LIS but last for about 4 months. I see no reason at all why your docs wouldn't offer you this.
No one should have to live with the agony of a spasm and the mental torture of worrying every single day what may set the fissure off.
Hope you have some luck with your new doctor.
Fingers crossed
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Lsfb1989 » 14 Nov 2016, 13:43

Hi, saw the GP today. What helped was writing it all down before heand, as I tend to get very worked up and forget things. I explained the problem, and he asked if I had ever considered surgery. I said at this point I would consider anything and everything. He asked to have a look in order to refer me. He had a look, which was uncomfortable as expected :p He has given me Rectogesic to try while waiting to be referred. He was lovely, I am glad I went and thungs are getting sorted. I was surprised he mentioned surgery straight off the bat, but Im ready to end this pain.
Lsfb1989
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby Mypoorbutt » 14 Nov 2016, 14:03

Oh that's great news, at least this will all be over very soon and rectogesic is amazing it made my life bearable.
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20