Fistulotomy question

Fistulotomy question

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Fistulotomy question

Postby Deleted User 5666 » 10 Nov 2016, 00:05

Good evening,
I am new to posting to this forum but not new to reading all of your wonderful stories. Long story short, I was diagnosed with an AF 5 months ago. I tried many things including dialtazem (sp?) before I opted to Botox. Botox worked wonders for me and I was on the road to healing when, unfortunately, during the healing process I formed an abscess right under my fissure. This abscess eventually turned into a fistula and I underwent a simple fistulotomy (no seton) 5 days ago.

I've read many people's stories that their fistulotomy recovery was virtually painless and they have been able to go about their daily lives within a few short days. Sadly, this is not the case for me. I am so very uncomfortable, still taking Percocet, 3-4 baths daily, no wiping only water rinses, etc. I do ok during the day as I have the ability to move back and forth between laying down and taking baths all day long. Bms are still very challenging. I'm in so much pain right after BM I have almost passed out a couple times. I feel like my pain tolerance is high....I've delt with an AF and spasms for the last 5 months!! I'm no stranger to pain!!

For those that have gone through a fistulotomy, was this your experience too? I'm getting a little worried reading other experiences and that bms are so much better after the procedure because mine are definitely worse now after and I'm getting discouraged I may not be healing like I should. Any input is greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!!!
Deleted User 5666

Re: Fistulotomy question

Postby Suzie81 » 11 Nov 2016, 17:59

I just wanted to say hello back to you and to tell you that you are not alone. Many people heal differently. I was misdiagnosed and told I have hems only to find out my symptoms are consistent with an anal fissure. I was diagnosed with a perianal abscess post erupting on its own this week. I don't have any answers for you other than support. I haven't had any surgeries but am seeing that many here have. Many have good results, others do not. I have spent a lot of time researching abscesses and a LOT of recommendations for healing seem to be in raw cabbage juice as well as hot hot compresses. I would imagine someone here may be going through similar. Try putting this post in the post surgery section??

Good luck to you and hope you feel better soon!
Suzie81
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Deleted User 5666 » 11 Nov 2016, 18:40

Thank you, Suzie81. I appreciate the support. This is definitely the worst thing medical wise that I have ever gone through. Good luck with your AF and abscess!
Deleted User 5666

Postby Katie » 27 Nov 2016, 15:38

I had a fissurectomy and skin tag removed and bottox and it's been the worse pain ever I had mine done on Oct 10th and have a fisual now after I got an infection I'm seeing my surgeon on the 6th Dec I have no life now feeling so low and sick of bum pain
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here