One step forward...two steps back

Ongoing fissure battle

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

One step forward...two steps back

Postby Hopeless16 » 30 Nov 2016, 07:31

I'm new here. Feeling very discouraged. Had 4 days of very minimal pain. Went to see the surgeon and was feeling hopeful. Last night opened up again with bleeding and pain. I'm just ready to give up. It's been ongoing for 4 months and I just want a normal life back. I'm trying to follow all the directions but one little deviation causes a BIG set back. Feeling very alone because none of my friends, family or coworkers have any idea what I'm going through. I'm scared of the surgery risks so I'm trying to use the cream and let it heal on its own. I know I need to be patient, but I'm tired of the pain. It just drains my physically and mentally.
Hopeless16

Topics: 1

Re: One step forward...two steps back

Postby Savaici » 30 Nov 2016, 10:37

What 'cream' are you using? Have a look through our Anal Fissurs Success Stories and you will see that most AFs heal and people get back to living their lives again! Just be diligent and persevere with the cream ( if it's GTN/Diltiazem/Nifedipine ) for at least 6-8 weeks to give the fissure a chance to heal.

:wel: to the forum and big :huggies: to you.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222