need some help with my AF

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

need some help with my AF

Postby mckfl » 13 Dec 2016, 20:49

Hi everyone, so basically my IBS started to flare up and I was constipated for a few days and after I finally went to the bathroom, the stool was pretty bulky and caused a concerning amount of pain and when i wiped i noticed more than just a little streak of blood, it was a pretty decent amount and covered a decent portion of the TP. I also noticed that there was blood on the stool which freaked me out. I can remember the same thing happening about a few months ago but the pain wasnt as bad compared to this, and the blood from each time i went to the bathroom wasnt as much. Anyways that fissure from a few months ago did not last longer than 2 weeks if i can recall. But back to this most recent one, it has now been 4 days since I went to the bathroom with the blood and pain and I have went to the bathroom everyday since that day, each time I go the pain is almost enough to make me hold off going to the bathroom but i go anyway, the pain isn't even really whats concerning me the most, is the amount of blood that is on the TP after i wipe. Since that day 4 days ago, each day i go to the bathroom causes a concerning amount of blood on the TP and on my stool and im just wondering if this amount of blood is normal for an anal fissure??? i keep thinking to myself since i go to the bathroom everyday and i keep bleeding like this that i'll loose more blood vs the amount of blood your body makes.

im an 18 year old male and in overall good health besides the IBS flare ups and my diet which consists of processed foods and minimal fruits and vegetables, lots of water though. my old doctor retired and since my ibs was under control at the time i didn't bother trying to find a new primary care physician until recently when i found a doctor near me and set up a physical/new patient appointment for early feb.

im just looking for some reassurance that im not going to die from blood loss or something and some advice on how to deal with this until i see my new doctor in feb. sorry if this post is poorly structured im just pretty nervous.. thanks for reading.
mckfl

Topics: 1

Re: need some help with my AF

Postby Savaici » 13 Dec 2016, 22:29

You are not going to die from the blood loss, believe me. That you can see blood on the stool is not the blood that worries; that is called occult blood and cannot be seen by the human eye. If the blood is bright red, it is near to the anus. If a little darker (red wine colour), it's a bit higher up. Any cut bleeds! Anal fissures included. And hemorrhoids too. I fairly often have blood, sometimes a fair amount...Anal fissures can be excruciatingly painful. Worse than childbirth!

If the blood is very dark, take yourself to the doctor.

:wel: to the forum.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby mckfl » 13 Dec 2016, 23:20

The blood isn't dark fortunately. Thank you for replying, you have put my mind at ease :)
mckfl

Topics: 1

Postby sandrasmiles7 » 14 Dec 2016, 00:42

Hello, I also have had a lot of blood lately. Don't worry that it will be too much blood because women who have a period lose tons all day long and are fine. Also people can give huge quarts of blood because blood is constantly reproducing
sandrasmiles7
Salt Bather

Topics: 7