Introduction

New Member Hello

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Introduction

Postby Bumcentric » 17 Dec 2016, 10:33

Hello everyone, what a great feeling to find out a forum for this topics exists. Long story short I've been dealing with my AF for about a year and am just now 6 weeks post LIS surgery. Most all of the debilitating pain from constant spasms has gone but still having less serious pain for several hours after my morning BM. I have so many questions that I want to ask all of you experienced folks about diet, pain and healing etc.

Used to think the world revolved around my bum, never thought MY world would end up revolving around it - quess Karma really is a b**ch! Thanks for being here to talk to.
Bumcentric

Topics: 1

Re: Introduction

Postby Mypoorbutt » 17 Dec 2016, 10:39

Hi BC, welcome
Yes it's great to be able to talk with people who understand exactly what we are going through. I like you had LIS nearly 6 weeks ago. Again like you my spasms seemed to have stopped although it took nearly 4 weeks for them to stop. I'm still getting a burning and stinging for at least 2/6 hours after a BM.
Oh yes it's wonderful isn't it when every little thing you do...you end up thinking...will my butt be ok with this. You also never realise how much everything impacts on your butt till you have a fissure.
I'm sure (I hope) this burning will eventually stop and we will get back to normal, but until it does I guess burning stinging is preferable to hours doubled over in agony lol
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Lizza1720 » 17 Dec 2016, 18:02

I thought it was just me that the spasms and pain lasted hours. I find that I have to get up three and a half hours before I have to be at work just to recoup, yet I am still in pain at work until early afternoon. A hard chair seems to help, strange but true . Soft couch and bed is unbearable ! I want this done with . Does lifting of pushing anything affect this at all?
Lizza1720
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 17 Dec 2016, 19:27

Nope my spasms have always lasted hours unfortunate and now they have stopped the burning is lasting hours too. Mine don't kick in until an hour after the BM, and I never know what time I will go to the toilet.
It's really bad that you have to do that just so you can get to work. These fissures impact and change our life's so much. Standing still is the worst for me I just can't do it even now. Lifting hurts a bit but my fissure is posterior so that might be why, I don't have any issues pushing things
Mypoorbutt

Postby Bumcentric » 17 Dec 2016, 20:30

Wow it's great to hear that my situation is not unique. Almost like clockwork one to two hours after my BM I have one big spasm that hurts like crazy for about 1minute. Then for about 6 hours I have steadily decreasing pain. No more spasms just pressure, burning and throbbing. Things really start to improve once I am able to pass gas. On the weekend getting into a bath after clean up seems to help the entire process.

Fortunately I have worked out a routine that causes me to go almost immediately after getting up and walking around so planning has been easier. I just thought the spasm was really something wrong. I'm sorry to hear that you have this type of pain as well but relieved to know it's not unusual. Again this forum is a godsend, thank you
Bumcentric

Postby Mypoorbutt » 18 Dec 2016, 06:20

Yes unfortunately the spasms are classic with an AF some are lucky and just get a few others get hours of agony. So no not unusual.
I guess at least you have managed to work your day around it which while irritating lets you csrry on. Yes hot baths are the best for spasm pain as they make the internal sphincter relax and its that that causes the spasms, they also encourage blood flow to the area and that helps the healing so try and have at least one hot bath a day if you can.
Hope things improve for you soon
Mypoorbutt