Been on Diltiazem for 10 months... is that common?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Been on Diltiazem for 10 months... is that common?

Postby Neox29 » 31 Dec 2016, 11:15

I've been on it for 10 months and I'm still not healed. I'm virtually pain free if I keep using it but if I stop for a week, then it's back to the same pain.

Now the 10 months that I've been on. I haven't been consistent, sometimes once a day, sometimes twice, sometimes I skip a day.

I was scheduled for LIS surgery but then a couple weeks before the surger I decided to get off diltiazem and see how I would feel. Miraculously I went 2!weeks without any pain. I thought I was as healed so I canceled!

I was wrong... the pain is back. Now my doctor wants me to try for another 3 months.

I feel like my doctor keeps wanting me to stay on diltiazem. I mean I've been on it for nearly a year... is that common?!!
Neox29

Topics: 2

Re: Been on Diltiazem for 10 months... is that common?

Postby LemonMan » 02 Jan 2017, 16:29

Hi Neox,

I can sympathise and have been in the a similar position. I thought I was healed on Diltiazem twice now, and yet the fissure returned. Did you ask your Doc why he/she wants you to stay on it for another three months? Perhaps they think you have healed to some extent? Did they examine you? Quite often the next step after Diltiazem is botox - Was that offered as an option?

Best, LemonMan
Aug 14: Anal Abscess diagnosed
Dec 15: Anterior Anal Fissure diagnosed
Jan 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of Jan
Apr 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of May
Sep 16: Fissure back. Started Anoheal again
May 17: Botox and banding - fingers crossed
LemonMan
VIP

Topics: 4