Metamucil

Will the cramping go away?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Metamucil

Postby GilmoreGirl » 04 Dec 2016, 22:21

I will start by trying to post this here and see if anyone has any advice!

I've been taking a dose of miralax(restoralax as I'm in Canada) and two Metamucil tablets with food each evening. I drink lots. I'm not able to get enough fibre from my diet so I need to supplement. However, about 10 min after taking the Metamucil, I get stomach cramps under the rib region, I burp continuously and feel my stomach is bloated.

Will this go away if I keep the dose low and continue to take it daily? Is there any other brand or way I could take the psyllium husk which wouldn't involve me eating more volume?

Thanks all.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Re: Metamucil

Postby Daisy » 09 Jan 2017, 02:39

You might want to look into taking your fiber in the morning, rather than the evening. This will give your system more time to absorb it, and along with the movement of your daily activities, you might have a lot less cramping. Also, i really had a tough time with Metamucil, but tolerate Benefiber a lot better. The citrus was too acidic for me, plus, Benefiber mixes well with everything. My favorite is just drinking it with a glass of water or tea.
The Miralax can be taken at night. It's a tricky thing, and you have to play around a bit. But expect results in a few days!
Daisy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3