sphincter too tight

Please help me

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

sphincter too tight

Postby FissureKing » 16 Jan 2017, 21:25

So, I have been suffering from fissures since 5 years now but I kept it under control by taking fibers and OTC laxative (Lactulose) but since few days I am feeling tightness in my sphincter and I am unable to pass stools properly (only little pallets). I feel very very huge pain when I try to pass stools as if I am passing out a brick or something. What to do? Please help.
FissureKing

Topics: 1

Re: sphincter too tight

Postby tightybehind » 17 Jan 2017, 13:07

Most likely you need a prescription for meds that will help relax the sphincter. Nifedipine is what I've been using and works for me. There are a few others. If that doesn't work, next step is usually Botox injection to relax the area.

Do you have a CRS? They can prescribe meds for you. I've found general practitioners unhelpful.
tightybehind
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Postby suzyljank » 17 Jan 2017, 18:37

Hi, I had LIS and after a few months we realized it didn't help. I was told I needed flap surgery but was so scared I put it off for 5 more year. I developed stenosis from all the surgeries. But by the time I went back to the doctor is was so difficult to pass anything. When I had my surgery it was no longer a choice, I had to do it. I needed 2 flaps. Recovery was tough but not horrible and long but I should have done it a lot sooner. Dilation helps with stenosis but if it's severe like mine surgical intervention is sometimes needed or dilation under sedation. Take care Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby getmylifeback » 20 Jan 2017, 22:44

I had the same issue for the past 5 months, almost exactly like yours. What i would suggest is to consult a CRS and come up with a plan. I would suggest trying stool softeners, since it will make it passing the stools easier. Long term laxative use is not the best thing, and it could tighten your sphincter, but according to my Doc, its reversible, you just need to slowly wean it off.
getmylifeback
Fibre Addict