Needing advice

Pain in anus

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Needing advice

Postby paine » 24 Dec 2016, 02:53

Hello everyone. I wanted to ask if anyone experienced after bm that the anus becomes swollen thickened and hurting. Im having thaat issue for 4 weeks now. I cannot get appointment to doctor til next yeaar due to holidays. My anus is thickened all over and swelling skin all around the pain is horrendous! Please help! Thanks everyone. Also the pain radiates to my vagina and between my butt cheeks so hurt and fed up with this butt problem. :groan:
paine
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: Needing advice

Postby LemonMan » 28 Dec 2016, 09:48

Hi Paine,

Yeah it's not unusual for the anus to feel swollen after a BM, and be painful. Most anal problems can do this. The key thing is to write down all your symptoms and see the Doc as soon as possible so they can examine you.

Sorry you are in pain. Good luck with your appointment and let us know how it goes.

LemonMan
Aug 14: Anal Abscess diagnosed
Dec 15: Anterior Anal Fissure diagnosed
Jan 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of Jan
Apr 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of May
Sep 16: Fissure back. Started Anoheal again
May 17: Botox and banding - fingers crossed
LemonMan
VIP

Postby paine » 12 Jan 2017, 21:28

Hi there lemonman. I had the sigmoidoscopy and anal ultrasound yesterday. I was dreading it but it was under sedation and came out tolerated well. Few hours before the procedure i needed to have fleet enema twice sooo scared but then uneventful also. It was confirmned anal fissure and doc suggest LIS because it had been 3 yrs on and off and conservative measures did not help. In our country there is no medicine ointment available for sale like rectogesic or diltiazem. Its just hot bath fiber and pain meds only. I guess this is it!
paine
Salt Bather

Postby LemonMan » 14 Jan 2017, 16:07

Hi paine, where are you out of interest? Well done for getting this through the procedures. At least you know what it is now. Good luck. Sending positive vibes your way :-)
Aug 14: Anal Abscess diagnosed
Dec 15: Anterior Anal Fissure diagnosed
Jan 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of Jan
Apr 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of May
Sep 16: Fissure back. Started Anoheal again
May 17: Botox and banding - fingers crossed
LemonMan
VIP

Postby paine » 14 Jan 2017, 22:04

Thanks lemonman. Im from philippines
paine
Salt Bather

Postby getmylifeback » 20 Jan 2017, 22:46

Don't be afraid of the LIS, it has a very high success rate and most people wish they had done it a lot sooner.
getmylifeback
Fibre Addict

Postby paine » 21 Jan 2017, 20:23

Thanks getmylifeback. Im booked on thurs morning for lis. I guess my pain is much bigger than the fear of lis. But sometimes when the pain has subsided i am thinking twice about the lis. But when the pain comes back i want the lis now. I also have tags which swell when the fissure is active but the crs refuse to take it off saying it will add more pain. What do you think about that?
paine
Salt Bather

Postby getmylifeback » 24 Jan 2017, 00:36

Hello Paine,

It depends, if the tags do not bother you when the fissure is not active then it might not be necessary since it will be treating the underlying cause, which would be the tight sphincter. The way i see it, when you are at a point where you are considering LIS, then it's gone to the point that the complications of the surgery is less concerning than the fissure pain. Good thing is, its about a very high success rate and youll be living a much higher quality of life after. After the surgery, it really is just up from there. Keep us updated on your surgery, and stay positive, that really matters when you are in the recovery process. Good things for you to look forward to in the future!
getmylifeback
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 24 Jan 2017, 04:19

Hi Paine,
Sorry to hear your suffering. I too have skin tags and hems and my CRS was very reluctant to remove them as he said it could cause stenosis and add to the pain after LIS. I'm now two months after LIS and my skin tags do not cause me any problems at all my hems can get swollen, but it's nowhere near the pain of a fissure. I wouldn't worry about this as your LIS will sort out the underlying issue and your tags may very well shrink to nothing over time.
My CRS said why create more wounds to cause pain possible infection and as a worse case stenosis if the tags are not bothering you.
Good luck with your op it will be the best thing for you
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby paine » 24 Jan 2017, 10:07

Thank u all for the support.
paine
Salt Bather