Healing and tearing

Help me please I am going MAD

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Healing and tearing

Postby sarahdewitt » 31 Jan 2017, 21:24

So, here's the thing: I had my hemmie removed on october fifth 2016 and a month after that i had an AF, which healed (although i never stopped having "feeling" down there) and about three weeks ago there was some blood in the toilet paper(a drop, if anything) and some pain followed. My proctologist told me I was still "hurt" and to keep applying the stupid cream that had "healed" me the first time. I have been having good bms but today (even though i went well) there was another drop of blood in the tp.
My doctor has never said that this is a chronic fissure and hasnt really discussed with me other treatment options besides that stupid mint smelling cream... next time i see him(aprox 3 weeks from now) i expect to be fully healed or better or JUST MORE NORMAL... if that's not the case i want to know what your doctors gave you when the ointment and sitz baths didnt work.... ive been reading about the lis surgery but im honestly terrified of it and my dr hasnt even mentioned it... so is there any other treatment that has worked for you besides the cream or lis??? Please help me give me some advice im honestly so done with this i just want my life back. Also... does that little blood drop mean im back at square one? :( :( :(
sarahdewitt

Topics: 3

Re: Healing and tearing

Postby Fissurefrustration » 05 Feb 2017, 08:49

Hi SarahDewitt,

Firstly I'm so sorry of your struggles, we all know on here how debilitating AF's or any anorectal (invisible) illnesses can be. Take a deep breath, it may seem forever but it's been 3 months since your AF and so you still have a good chance to heal if you stick to the right regime.

Which cream was prescribed by your doctor? As long as it contains no steroids keep using it as advised to the letter, no skipping days otherwise it could set you back a bit. A drop of blood is very common, and by no way does it mean you are back at square one. Our bums are very vascular and contain loads of veins, all it takes is a small nick by a tough BM or from a troubled Hemmi and we can bleed a bit (a bit like a nosebleed, it doesn't take much!)

How much water do you have a day? are your stools of good consistency?

Surgery is scary, but there is still chance for you to heal so I wouldn't jump straight to LIS - there are other options. Nifedipine/GTN --> Botox ---> pelvic floor physio --->LIS.

Keep your chin up we are here for you - big hugs.

FF
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56