Soap?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Soap?

Postby small_flower » 13 Mar 2007, 20:33

Hello,
Just a small question.
My after care surgery directions were to not use soap in the area. Its been almost a month since I had my surgery, so is it okay to use the soap again? Or would that just contribute to any itch that I am having? Would it be better for me to just use the charmin wipes for cleaning?
I am continuing to rinse really well when I'm showering/bathing....but is there anything else I should be doing?
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Re: Soap?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Mar 2007, 20:41

As for me, personally, Kate, I just avoided soap. I had the itch fairly bad about three-four weeks after, so that was incentive enough. I still just use water down there.
Soap does tend to dry the skin, that may or may not help the itch, but even if you're healed, the membranes are still probably thin at the fissure site, and they've been though a lot, right?
I'd at least wait another few weeks, maybe the first of April? Why rush it and muss up a good thing, eh?
Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby small_flower » 13 Mar 2007, 21:04

Your right. I dont mind not using soap down there. I just want to keep it clean and non itchy. Thanks for the advice kim.
:)
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby happyass » 14 Mar 2007, 06:02

absolutely no soap.
it upsets the ph balance of the anal mucous membrane. this creates a drier and more irritable anus, which can bring the onset of the itchies or a more vulnerable tear/fissure.
i used to soap my ass.....i would lather up my hand and i would even insert a finger with lots of suds all the way in just make sure i got everything out!!!
it was hard to give that up because i always felt clean doing that but now i am used to using the charmin fresh mates post bowel movement and just simply in the shower, some gentle warm water and make sure to rinse the area post-shampooing or lathering the rest of the body.
according to my CRS, the ass takes care of cleaning itself. just like those self-cleaning ovens!!!!
hahahahahaha.....
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Cheryl » 16 Mar 2007, 06:32

:hi: Kate
I agree with Kim & Gareth..
i am 5 mths post op and any soaps or body washes still irritate my butt :no:
I just stick to good old fashioned water...
I heard a rumour once that if we never started using soaps and deoderants in the beginning we wouldnt even need them now Image apparently your body gets used to them after a while and 'requires' them to smell fresh.. but if you never used them in the first place you wouldnt smell... just something i heard,, i thought it was interesting.
I dont use any soaps and i use a natural deoderant and i smell fine....
i think.... Image ..... i better ask hubby :lol!:
Cheryl
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22