Problems with passing gas post skin tag removal

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Problems with passing gas post skin tag removal

Postby IBSCSufferer » 20 Oct 2016, 20:27

Hey guys,

I had 2 skin tags & 3 hemorrhoids surgically removed about 2 weeks ago. Healing has gone exceptionally well up to this point, and I've had very little to no pain for the majority of recovery. The only pain I've experienced is pain shooting from my rectum straight up into my tailbone, making it impossible to move until the nerve involved relaxes; this only happens after having a BM (there is no pain while having a BM). This only happened for roughly 1 week, and my general surgeon told me that it was normal. This shooting pain has since stopped and has not returned.

Now, I'm noticing that when passing gas, I am unable to do so without straining to force it out. If I don't do this, I become very bloated due to the build up of gas. Anyone else having this problem???
IBSCSufferer
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Problems with passing gas post skin tag removal

Postby Intobetterdays » 14 Jan 2017, 21:59

Hi!

Is your tag excision site healed now? I had mine done a month after yours and it's not healed yet. Thanks!!
Intobetterdays
Fibre Addict

Postby IBSCSufferer » 15 Jan 2017, 01:25

I was healed within a month!! I have been taking Miralax every day since surgery and bowel movements are so easy and pain free! Passing gas has gotten easier as well!

In all honesty, my surgeon was surprised to see how quickly I was healing. I was supposed to do a 2 week follow up but I had questions about 10 days post surgery so they got me in sooner and he thought I was over 2 weeks post surgery.. He told me he has never seen anyone heal so quickly after surgery.

Are your symptoms better even though you're not fully healed yet??
IBSCSufferer
Fibre Addict

Postby Intobetterdays » 15 Jan 2017, 01:28

Thanks for responding! Yes my symptoms are a million times better. Just the site where the tag was removed is still a small open wound. It's shrinking though. Sometimes my dressing has a bit of blood on it, and that scares me. Fissure and other things are fully healed, thankfully!

Any advice for me? How are you now, 3 months post surgery? :) How long did you keep the dressing for?
Intobetterdays
Fibre Addict

Postby IBSCSufferer » 02 Feb 2017, 20:36

That's so great to hear that you are healing so well! Honestly, the only dressing I had was placed internally during surgery to help with the post op bleeding and it was passed during my first post op BM, just like it was supposed to! Is your dressing internal or external?

I have noticed now, 4 months out, that I am having a hard time keeping clean after a BM. I bought myself a spray bottle to help stay clean, and after a BM, if I'm home, I'll step into the bathtub and spray myself down to be sure I'm clean. I'm not sure if you're a man or woman, but as a woman, I have to wear panty liners daily to prevent the dreaded brown stains...
Are you having this problem too? If so, what are you doing to prevent it!?
IBSCSufferer
Fibre Addict