scared and obsessed

newly discovered fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

scared and obsessed

Postby scaredritz » 05 Feb 2017, 12:13

Hi,
I have developed an issue 'down there' for the past 4-5 days. I am pretty sure it is a fissure caused by unnecessary and stupid straining....but now for the past 4 days after a BM, usually once in the morning, i get a pain /discomfort / burning sensation in the anus. It is not very severe , may be a 2 or3/10 and usually subsides after 6-7 hours, although not goes away completely. I have started using coconut oil, soaking in warm bath and keeping my stools soft. Things are not getting worse but neither are they improving.
I know i am nowhere in the agony someof u guys are (sorry about the suffering, can tell u i can imagine)but am losing my mind over this. I am scared of not aggravating it any furthur, obsessed with what ifs and really really paranoid.
Help me guys... u hv been through a lot.
what can i do to prevent it from getting worse?
What topical ointments can i use for relief?
any tips to get comfort are welcome..

thank u all.
scaredritz
Fibre Addict

Topics: 13

Re: scared and obsessed

Postby Mypoorbutt » 05 Feb 2017, 16:41

Hi SD,
I would see if you can get a doc to diagnose your fissure as then you can get the correct treatment as the sooner it's treated the quicker it goes.
Hot baths are great as is coconut oil, I also put some oregano oil in there too. There are lots of creams that will soothe the area like aloe Vera, comfrey, medi honey...also try not to use toilet paper as this will aggravate any soreness. I use a shower head but a bidet or wet toilet paper is good too. Obviously no more straining...I'm not the best one to advise on making BMs soft as my fissure hurts more the softer they are. But I do know that straining is bad so read on the board on tips to get a good BM
Most fissure clear up quickly and don't become chronic. So I'm sure you will improve quickly
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Re: scared and obsessed

Postby scaredritz » 06 Feb 2017, 09:11

thank u so much for the reassurance, i so badly needed to hear that fissures do not turn chronic easily . will try some ointments too along with coconut oil to see if it speeds up healing.
thanks again
scaredritz
Fibre Addict

Topics: 13