Needing advice

Pain in anus

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Needing advice

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Feb 2017, 06:04

Hi Paine,
Some of us take longer to recover after 2 weeks I still couldn't sit for more than 10 mins without being in proper pain and walking wasn't fun.
Trust me it does get better I would say for me it was around the 4 week mark that walking was fine again and at about 6/7 weeks before I could actually sit...I have hems as well and IBS so this slowed my recovery significantly. I had to go back to work after 2 weeks and remember crying in the toilets as I was just in so much pain.
Don't panic it does get better it really does...it might not seem like it right now but it will. I would advise going out for small walks once a day and then twice and lots of sitz baths at least 4 a day.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby paine » 09 Feb 2017, 08:51

Thanks MPB for the encouragement. Such a blessing hear affirmation of recovery.
paine
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby getmylifeback » 09 Feb 2017, 10:23

Just remember healing takes time, most people take about 6 weeks to start feeling better. Try to gauge your progress in a week to week basis. It may take several weeks, but you will start feeling better and better. It takes about a full year to return to normal, so even if you feel 100% keep on your routine for a year. Stay positive, keeping your mind in a good condition is important, it may feel depressing because you can feel like you are handicapped, but it will get better. Stay positive and just look forward to the day that you fully heal, that should help you during the tough days!
getmylifeback
Fibre Addict

Postby paine » 09 Feb 2017, 19:58

Thank you getmylifeback. Its true that its kind of depressing to be in this pain. I am trying my best to stay positive and optimistic for the day im fully healed. However, i am having strong spasms lately and that is worrying me. Its only on this board im able to share because for people who didnt go through this situation they cannot relate to our experience. Thanks so much!
paine
Salt Bather

Topics: 4