I think im HEALING !! Questions ?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I think im HEALING !! Questions ?

Postby Optimistic » 08 Feb 2017, 00:26

So basically after spending roughly three months with my fissure and trying all sorts of things i finally gave movicol a chance ! Why did i not try this before its amazing now i will say ive only had four bm with the movicol so far but literally there has been NO BLOOD since u started using it and the pain has ranged from none at all to maybe 20 mins of very easy to deal with pain maybe a 3/10 i dint want to get to excited but wow

Now heres a couple of my questions

Does no blood mean no re tearing ?

Does no retearing mean healing finally?

How long can i use movicol for?

Has anyone else healed just through movicol ?

Im happy to answer any questions aswell as to whats worked and not for me thank youu :D
Optimistic
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: I think im HEALING !! Questions ?

Postby Mincey » 09 Feb 2017, 09:56

I started using movicol since having Botox 2 weeks ago. Certainly not healed but I have noticed only 1 BM per day which makes a big difference!
Mincey
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby getmylifeback » 09 Feb 2017, 10:42

Glad to hear that you are doing well optimistic, I have the same experience with you as far as using Movicol (Metamucil in US). And after speaking to my CRS, he said that Movicol is safe to use forever, it will not have any setbacks for you. And it has helped me as well, i deal with chronic fissures that returned late last year and lasted 4 months.
Nothing worked, until i took movicol, and i will continue to take it the rest of my life. No blood means that it is not tearing further, the wound is likely still there as it really takes up to two months to heal. Keep doing what you are doing, and yes it definitely sounds like you are healing.
What i can say is that, stay good and drink plenty of water, that is necessary with movicol to keep your stools soft and easy to pass. Remember, stay good for at least two months, then the wound will have healed to the point that the skin is strong again. Happy healing!
getmylifeback
Fibre Addict

Postby Optimistic » 10 Feb 2017, 02:03

Thank you both for replying!! I have an appointment with a crs in two weeks guve or take im hoping i wont require any further treatment as it seems ive finally gained some control but we will just have to wait and see lol

To the first reply was the botox sore ? What does it entail exactly and i only have a bm every second day but this is not unusual for me and i guess its pretty lucky for my fissure ive never really been one to have a bm every day so i guess that may have also helped the healing !

To the second reply thanks for your answer i too will most likely take movicol for the rest of my life haha loving how soft my stools are and thanks for the time frame two months should be good hopefully im back to normal although i must say the one good thing is how amazing my diet and water intake has become and will continue lol

Thanks both for your replys if you have any questions feel free to ask and if you wanna chat im always here haha

Good luck on with your fissures lets get rid of the evil things
Optimistic
Fibre Addict

Postby Mincey » 10 Feb 2017, 03:13

Hi, I had the Botox 16 days ago. I will be honest for 10 days the pain was horrendous, so bad that I had to go back and see the surgeon. The op itself was fine, but they have to basically cut the fissure to make it a fresh wound and I think that's why I was in so much pain. I'm on painkillers, antibiotics and using GTN so it's a waiting game to see if the Botox has worked as i am definitely not healed.
Mincey
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Optimistic » 10 Feb 2017, 19:11

Wow really ?! I didnt realise they had to make it a fresh wound haha that scares me these fissures are so wierd eh ? I hope that all goes well and you make a good speedy recovery!! Hearing more about surgical options makes me hope i heal naturally more and more lol good luck !
Optimistic
Fibre Addict