Advice on Applying Vaseline Internally?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Advice on Applying Vaseline Internally?

Postby RumBum » 22 Feb 2017, 01:44

Hi!

I'm learning so much from everyone here, and the supportive environment is helping me to ward off the blues and worry that I'm feeling about my AF. It's been about 3.5 weeks now, and I feel I'm healing some, but I just can't seem to get in front of it to completely heal. So many people here seem to have a similar experience where they reach a plateau and aren't sure what to do next.

My next move is to try to better lubricate before a BM in the morning because even though my stool is pretty soft, the tip isn't quite as soft as it needs to be. I don't experience any pain applying Vaseline or other jellies (Alba's Un-petroleum Jelly or coconut oil) to the outside, but when I try to gently insert my pointer finger with a little lubricant on it, I don't get very far in without hitting a tighter ring. I can only get half of the tip of my finger in. I worry that if I tried to force my finger past that point that it might increase the tear.

Does anyone have any tips or techniques for alternative ways to lubricate internally that would be gentler than inserting my finger up there?

Wishing you all good healing!
RumBum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Advice on Applying Vaseline Internally?

Postby struggling79 » 23 Feb 2017, 22:56

When I first started treating my fissure, I felt uncomfortable using my finger to apply the medication so I used the applicator tip to my Preparation H. Maybe that would be helpful to you or a q-tip?
struggling79
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Advice on Applying Vaseline Internally?

Postby RumBum » 24 Feb 2017, 12:05

struggling79 wrote:When I first started treating my fissure, I felt uncomfortable using my finger to apply the medication so I used the applicator tip to my Preparation H. Maybe that would be helpful to you or a q-tip?

The jelly consistency of the Vaseline is especially protective, I find, but it's hard to figure out how to administer it internally. It doesn't freeze like coconut oil, and it's not liquid.

The applicator tip for Preparation H. Clever! Thank you for these tips! I'm looking forward to trying them.
RumBum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7