New member - accident with sex toy!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New member - accident with sex toy!

Postby positivesun » 08 Jan 2017, 15:09

I feel like I'm in a slightly better postition then I once was but I think this is simply attributed to time (which I am okay with, slow progress is better then no progress). I am approaching one year and just tired of the constant feeling there. My buttocks area is sore just as your described, and the jolting pain sensations are infrequent for me as well.

Does your PT have any idea what the problem could be? If it's not muscle or the sphincter is it nerve damage? Such a crazy situation, please keep me updated I will do the same.
positivesun
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Firefly » 09 Jan 2017, 13:03

I've asked my PT what she thinks the problem is, but I've had only vague responses like "it could be peripheral nerve irritation" or "pudendal nerve is not cut out". Well, I can't blame her. Who can pinpoint the damaged site anyway without doing a surgery or even then?

Anyway, I've decided to stop seeing my PT or at least drastically cut down number of visits, because I'm not seeing any real progress and I've started to feel that my PT does not have any means left to help me to recover.

So far I've learned that anal sphincter is ok (by gastrosurgeon and urologist). There's no trauma/pathologies visible in pelvic MRI (1.5T). Pain has few regular sites which are rotated throughout the day. When I wake up, I'm almost pain free. Biofeedback suggest my pelvic tonus is normal. What keeps the pain turned on? I have no idea.

Positivesun I'm really glad you've seen some improvement. That gives me hope that this nightmare might come to its end one day. Sorry I've not updated my status here so often..I'm just so depressed of this situation. I'm struggling to go through every day. How do you think your symptoms have changed during this year?

If you want to try drugs, I've had good success with tramadol. I take it 50mg twice per day.
Firefly
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby positivesun » 11 Jan 2017, 11:41

I definitely feel you. I consider myself a strong person and this is testing me in every way. It is very depressing to be dealing with this pain and have no one be able to answer what could possibly be wrong. This has really taught me one mistake can change your entire life.

I had all the same symptoms as you and now my pain is pretty much isolated to right where my sphincter meets my perenium area. The pain is not as noticeable as it use to be but the sensation is constantly there. I feel like I am at a plateau but it's hard to say for sure since I don't keep a journal. I will keep you updated. Just do what you can when you can and know everything happens for a reason.
positivesun
Salt Bather

Postby positivesun » 07 Feb 2017, 23:02

Hey Firefly! Any updates? Hope you figured out a solution! Please keep me in mind.
positivesun
Salt Bather

Postby Firefly » 10 Feb 2017, 16:26

Hi PS,

My urologist wanted me to try Trental, but I had a severe reaction from it. My throat start to feel swollen in a few minutes :( In fact, it start to feel so alarming that I had to call emergency and paramedics came quickly to check me. They couldn't find anything wrong with me. Half an hour later I started to feel better and three hours later I felt completely normal again.

I don't know if it was the drug or because I got distracted but 1.5 hours after I took Trental I felt first time for months like my rectal pain was almost GONE! And after few hours or so the pain set back to normal level. I immediately contacted my urologist and told her what had happened. She said that I should now have allergy test done for Trental to confirm if I'm truly allergic to it.

Very scary, but also light at the end of the tunnel -experience. Unfortunately there's no substitute for Trental :(

These are the news. Tell me how you're doing?

Btw, Looks like its you and me keeping this thread alive :)
Firefly
Fibre Addict

Postby positivesun » 11 Feb 2017, 01:22

Haha yea it's just me and you left! :)

I've been trying a lot of different things, but I think the only thing that is truly helping is time. I'm still experimenting though, I might try physical therapy or Botox to relax the muscles and nerves down there. I will let you know if I find something that works, glad you are okay from the medicine - let me know if you find something similar that works!
positivesun
Salt Bather

Postby Firefly » 11 Feb 2017, 09:25

Hey PS I have noticed less sensitivity on genitals. It's not like it's gone totally, but I'm kind of less "aware" of my penis. There's also random jolts of pain in the shaft and head. It's really annoying.

Have you had anything like this?
Firefly
Fibre Addict

Postby positivesun » 11 Feb 2017, 20:38

Yes I had all of that. With time it went away. All the muscles and nerves in that area are intertwined and very sensitive. If a muscle is in spasm or a nerve is firing in can cause all types of weird pains and sensations in the entire lower region.
positivesun
Salt Bather

Postby Firefly » 23 Feb 2017, 09:00

Hi PS

I saw my Dr yesterday and now he prescribed me diltiazem ointment. I don't have any real fissures found, but according to Google this cream is also used to treat pelvic pain/spasms. So this could prove useful. I'm going to try this and post here how it worked. Any help is more than welcome :)
Firefly
Fibre Addict

Postby positivesun » 23 Feb 2017, 18:34

That sounds like it could be useful! I tried nifedipine but it didn't work. Hopefully this is the answer, keeping my fingers crossed. Thank you for thinking of me and keeping me updated!
positivesun
Salt Bather