I'm New!!! How I beat My AFs Diet diet, dare I say....

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

"Way to go" marg6043"

Postby met6lqae » 22 Mar 2013, 11:08

"Way to go marg6043"
Thumbs up for your current remission.
Stay on top of things.
The decision to hold off on the surgery is most admirable. You don't want to pull out to many "Band-aids" from the medicine cabinet when mother nature is willing to help.
Perhaps that way your body will be ready to fight off similar problems in the future instead of it waiting for you to get some outside help.
Last edited by met6lqae on 22 Mar 2013, 11:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo
met6lqae
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: I'm New!!! How I beat My AFs Diet diet, dare I say....

Postby marg6043 » 22 Mar 2013, 17:46

met6lqae thanks for the ups, yes I already passed my first test with a stomach bug two days this week and my fissure held pretty good with minimal irritation.
I do not consider myself a success story yet, until I see my doctor in June.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Re: I'm New!!! How I beat My AFs Diet diet, dare I say....

Postby Jonat » 15 Mar 2017, 16:27

The sodium in bread could be a factor, but consider also that both wheat and dairy protein are digested into endorphin-like compounds. Like opiates, they slow the contractions of the gut and can push a person towards constipation. Their effect on the gut is much more than their effect on the brain because the concentration is much higher in the gut.

I had two weeks of hell from my AF, followed by the last week of purgatory. My wife recently asked if she should cook pizza for dinner, which is a double dose of constipating foods. I cannot reprint my expletive-laden reply, which was critical of wheat and cheese, not my sweet wife.

Here is a link to the science: http://www.nutramed.com/nutrients/food_peptides.htm
Jonat