Scared, please help

booked for las and botox

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Scared, please help

Postby Jamesscott96 » 17 Mar 2017, 10:18

been in pain daily for 6 months all day gtn cream never helped i felted recluse locked my self away alot from my family , to the point i stayed at a different house overnight just to be on my own , made me feel shit.

im booked for an eua flexible sigmoidoscopy and injection of botox +/- lateral anal sphincterotomy

does this mean i get lis and botox .. i dont want botox i told them that as i cant stand being around anyone right now and leaving how feels like razor blades then spasms that give me erections and it stands out , so i feel a perv so i avoid people

doctor told me this would be botox and lis surgery

is this better or what does this mean?.

thank you so much i feel everyones pain also
Jamesscott96
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: Scared, please help

Postby GilmoreGirl » 17 Mar 2017, 10:37

Sorry to hear you're suffering

Have you been officially diagnosed as having a chronic fissure? Sounds like it - just confirming.

Is the doctor you're booked with a colorectal surgeon?

I have never heard of having both Botox and LIS at the same time. Are they planning on injecting Botox at the internal sphincter or other areas of the pelvic floor?

-GG
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Mypoorbutt » 17 Mar 2017, 10:49

Hi so sorry to hear your suffering
I too like GG have never heard of anyone having LIS and Botox and I actually asked to have Botox with my LIS and was told it wasn't an option. But I'm in the UK and it's anything to save money.
Trust me once you have had the LIS the spasms will stop. Ask for strong painkillers, nerve blockers like gabapentin are the best. I tried everything to stop the soul destroying agony of the spasms and the only thing that worked was gabapentin.
I'm not surprised you don't want to go out if your in so much pain. When are you booked in and. Hold they get you in any quicker as no one should have to suffer like this
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Jamesscott96 » 17 Mar 2017, 11:09

thanks for your reply , they could not examine me as i would have got angry lol as im very very very omg tender.. and yes i took gabepentin as well somedays i need 10x300mg at once just to have a normal half day or so

my doc refused me them twice i was crying in the end he said he did not want to make me another gab addict.

so because of that i went off and did ketamine. it helped alot , i am also from the uk i begged my doc for pain relief but because he owns the entire doctors his word means all.
and atm i cannot change doctors and can barely get in the car as it really fucks me up

unless im driving because im conentrating

but yea atm idk what is going on all i know is they wrote that to me on the letter it might be because of how bad agony im in, i have no clue why it gets so bad sometimes , i can feel my ass pulsing some nights like a heart beat and it feels like i want everyone to F**k off

sorry to be brute this is just how i feel atm , i dont confide on fb about it as others just dont understand

im also at the worst hospital in britain right now queen alexandra

so very worried .
Jamesscott96
Salt Bather

Postby GilmoreGirl » 17 Mar 2017, 11:16

Maybe you could call your surgeon and get some clarification.

It sounds to me like mayyybbee because it is too painful to do an exam, they are going to give you general anaesthetic, do the scope to see what's going on, and if there is a fissure do either LIS or Botox, depending on the severity? Is that possible?

Is there a reason you don't want the Botox? If so, you should let your surgeon know! I think it would be a good idea to either call your surgeons office for more info or get a second opinion.

I know it's been difficult to be with other people throughout this ordeal - it can totally turn your life upside down. But is there maybe anyone, a close friend or family member, who could help you deal with the doctors and appointments? I always find it is so good to have someone with me as an extra set of ears - when we're in so so much pain it's hard to get anything straight.

Hoping that this gets resolved soon for you!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Jamesscott96 » 17 Mar 2017, 11:32

GilmoreGirl wrote:Maybe you could call your surgeon and get some clarification.

It sounds to me like mayyybbee because it is too painful to do an exam, they are going to give you general anaesthetic, do the scope to see what's going on, and if there is a fissure do either LIS or Botox, depending on the severity? Is that possible?

Is there a reason you don't want the Botox? If so, you should let your surgeon know! I think it would be a good idea to either call your surgeons office for more info or get a second opinion.

I know it's been difficult to be with other people throughout this ordeal - it can totally turn your life upside down. But is there maybe anyone, a close friend or family member, who could help you deal with the doctors and appointments? I always find it is so good to have someone with me as an extra set of ears - when we're in so so much pain it's hard to get anything straight.

Hoping that this gets resolved soon for you!

because i am on nhs i believe they dont really care as much ( bedside manner ) when i tried asking them at my pre-op they said botox , i didnt want this as i know it wont work for me as the cream hasnt i have had it 6 months

i have my gf to confide to but i ditched her when it got bad i just wanted to be on my own . i suffer from bad anxiety anyway

but im getting over that

i rung them and it took about 40 mins to get through i have done this a few times to chase it up as i aint getting pushed over lol

when i got through each time i couldnt get through to the actual surgian , and they said look at the letter we sent you

so that is all i know i hope it works as cant deal with sitting around loads of ppl in hoppi makes me wonna rage
Jamesscott96
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 17 Mar 2017, 12:10

I agree the NHS is appalling nowadays. I had 3 surgeons refuse LIS so I paid £300 for a private consultation with a CRS who also does NHS work. He was great actually amazing he did do Botox first and can I tell you after 2 weeks I was only having 20 mins of discomfort after a BM before I was having spasms for 24 hours after a BM. Now my Botox was to help me heal a bit and to see how my crohns n IBS would react to a relaxed sphincter. I then went on to have LIS with the same surgeon...all of this was on the NHS apart from the initial consult.
I'm not fully healed but I only have spasms when my other issues kick off.
I nearly lost my marriage due to this as there was no way he could begin to understand the agony I was in as I looked fine....until I ended up losing 8 stone coz I was too scared to eat.
You will get better and I can't see them deciding to do Botox if your fissure is as bad as it sounds...your lucky your male most women on the NHS have to have Botox first no matter what.
Keep going and do t give up...I have never had anxiety or depression but there were times when my pain was at its worst that if it wasn't for my kids I wouldn't be here. No one can live in this much pain it's psychological torture too.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20