PAIN VS DISCOMFORT (Should I go get LIS?)

Chronic Fissure that's not painful, but causing discomfort

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

PAIN VS DISCOMFORT (Should I go get LIS?)

Postby Happykermit » 31 Mar 2017, 03:57

Hi, I've had this AF last year, and it stopped bleeding after a few months, but there is still this persistent discomfort after BM. During BM, it doesn't hurt anymore, but after a few hours, specially when I am sitting down, there is this throbbing sensation inside that really bothers me.

My doctor says the wounds are found on the top and bottom, which are difficult to heal because apparently, the blood doesn't flow there much. He advised LIS, but he says I might not feel the results because I am not in pain.

I don't know if I should undergo the surgery, as it costs much, and I am afraid it will take me a long time to recover.

Question is, do you have to really be in pain to agree to undergo the procedure? OR do you have other remedies that will make the discomfort go away, while hoping for the chronic fissure to just heal itself?

Thanks!
Happykermit
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: PAIN VS DISCOMFORT (Should I go get LIS?)

Postby sandrasmiles7 » 11 Apr 2017, 01:28

How long have you been dealing with the pain? I would say if you are spending a lot of time thinking about it and asking yourself if you should have it then you should just get it done. Months and months could pass and you will still keep wondering. If it's just a once a week thing it probably isn't worth it to get the surgery.
sandrasmiles7
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Happykermit » 11 Apr 2017, 10:05

Hi Sandrasmiles7, I've decided I would go through it. This past week had, BM has been really painful. My butt is so tight, sometimes, I have diff passing gas. I dread each BM, and the throbbing pain would last for half a day. I can't even sit for more than 10 minutes :(

Have u had LIS? Do you have anything to share? I'm a big ball of nerves thinking about it.

If it's possible to undergo LIS tomorrow, I would, but I'm still saving up for it. Hopefully, by June, I'd be able to raise enough money. Thanks for replying.
Happykermit
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 11 Apr 2017, 10:32

Hi HK
I think if your always aware of some level of discomfort and often pain like your having now then LIS is the best option.
I had mine done 5 months ago and have no trouble passing a normal Bristol 3 BM no pain and no more lingering discomfort. I still have pain when my crohns or IBS flares up but then I guess going 7 times in less than 2 hours is going to hurt.
Even though I can still have bad days due to the above issues im still really glad I had the LIS done.
It won't be half as bad as you imagine and even if it's a bit painful it will be worth it in the end
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Happykermit » 11 Apr 2017, 22:20

Thank you Mod Mypoorbutt, that is comforting to hear. I hope you have more good days :)
Happykermit
Salt Bather

Postby sandrasmiles7 » 12 Apr 2017, 00:19

I also had LIS. I was so nervous I rescheduled it twice because I thought I was getting better. It was so easy and not scary. It was not worth all the worries
sandrasmiles7
Salt Bather

Postby Happykermit » 12 Apr 2017, 20:39

Thanks for the reassurance. How long was your recovery time, Sandra? Was the incision pain worse than the fissure pain? :(
Happykermit
Salt Bather

Postby sandrasmiles7 » 12 Apr 2017, 22:16

Initially the incision hurt. The recovery was about 3 days of severe pain but after a week I went on a trip across country and did everything like normal
sandrasmiles7
Salt Bather

Postby Happykermit » 13 Apr 2017, 05:59

This gives me so much hope. Thank you so much, Sandra! :D
Happykermit
Salt Bather

Postby paine » 14 Apr 2017, 05:00

hi kermit. its really diffucult to tell, but people handle pain differently. i for one, keep telling myself that my surgery site is more painful than my fissure area and right now if i waited to let the fissure heal on its own i might not be dealing with this surgery pain. its been 11 weeks since the surgery though the fissure i can still feel the lis is more pronounced in terms of pain or discomfort.
paine
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion