can magnesium oxide cause pins and needles

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

can magnesium oxide cause pins and needles

Postby Deleted User 4536 » 19 Mar 2017, 20:41

i have been taking 1 magnesium oxide pill everyday for over a year now to keep my stools soft.
but a few months ago i started getting pins and needles in my hands and feet. had a blood test, checked b12, iron, vit d etc etc and everything was fine.
is it possible the magnesium oxide is causing this.
it's annoying if it is the problem because i rely on it so much for the perfect bm. nothing works as well for me as magnesium oxide does.
Deleted User 4536

Re: can magnesium oxide cause pins and needles

Postby healthybutt » 19 Mar 2017, 21:48

Hi whatsherface, pins and needles in extremities sound like a nerve issue. Not sure if that is caused by magnesium. I havent had any issues with 10 months of daily magnesium use. Hope you figure out what is going on!
healthybutt
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby healthybutt » 19 Mar 2017, 21:49

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Pins-and-n ... ction.aspx

When to see your GP

Most cases of pins and needles are temporary and the sensation disappears after the pressure is taken off the affected area.
See your GP if you constantly have pins and needles or if it keeps coming back. It may be a sign of a more serious underlying health condition.
healthybutt
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 4536 » 19 Mar 2017, 23:14

thanks for your reply.
seen my gp twice about it. first did the blood test. 2nd time i went, she didn't help at all. she said ''it's nothing to worry about it as your blood test came back fine. u only need to worry about numbness. and keep a diary of what you eat and do differently to see what's causing it''.
guess i might give up the mag for a few weeks and see what happens. if i still get pins and needles, i'll go back to docs.
Deleted User 4536

Postby healthybutt » 19 Mar 2017, 23:52

That must be so frustrating going to the doctor and not figuring out. Hope it isnt the magnesium so that you can reliably soften your stool. I wish I could offer advice -- maybe there is a forum for that online too :) Best wishes and please update us when you find out.
healthybutt
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 4536 » 16 Apr 2017, 16:09

so the bad news for me is that it WAS the magnesium oxide causing the pain / pins and needles. which means i have had to go on a stricter diet. with magnesium i could basically eat nearly whatever and not have to worry. but now i have to be extra careful. but at least now i know!
Deleted User 4536

Postby missy moo » 03 Jan 2019, 00:17

Hey whatsherface I've had my fissure since 2013 had Botox last Feb I'm booked for more Botox and I've recently started magnesium oxide it does help with bms like you say I've not noticed any pins an needles but I've only been taking them for 2weeks hopefully all goes well my fissure still bleeds during bms and I have some slight pain during bms but bms overall are better. I see you recently had lis how are you? How was the whole op an recovery? If you don't mind me asking I hope your doing much better.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37