drainage wound after operation

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

drainage wound after operation

Postby bee » 26 Mar 2017, 18:37

Just done anal fistula operation last a month and all is well until the 2nd week. They put a cutting seton on my wound where the pus is coming out and everything is good for 2 weeks. While the cutting seton is doing its job my wound heal and close. Now after the 2nd week it burst out again with pus draining from it... and i'm back from where i started. Wound is leaking with pus and sometime blood. Not to much though as before. My question is.. Is it normal for my wound to burst again?? after it closed out..Dont see anything drains on my seton though only on the wound.. my doctor said maybe its some remaining bacteria in my butt as my wound heals fast. So im on my antibiotics again... Anybody experienced the same??? Appreciate the info guys... My worried butt is waiting your wisdom...
bee
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: drainage wound after operation

Postby Sorebutt26 » 27 Mar 2017, 03:00

I was told it's not good if the wound heals too soon, as it can leave pockets under the skin for it all to build up again.

I kept my wound open and let it heal from the inside out by having it packed with aquacel. Have you not had it packed at all?
Sorebutt26
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby bee » 06 Apr 2017, 22:09

I just put gauze in it.. I think that the problem too.. Anyway..ill go for another check up tomorrow.. Then with much luck go for operation again..lol... Anyway is your fistula all ok now??
bee
Fibre Addict

Postby Sorebutt26 » 07 Apr 2017, 01:06

bee wrote:I just put gauze in it.. I think that the problem too.. Anyway..ill go for another check up tomorrow.. Then with much luck go for operation again..lol... Anyway is your fistula all ok now??

Yes go and get it checked. Fingers crossed for you. Let us know how you get on.

Nooooo my fistula is far from fine! Turns out I have a mass of complex fistulae. They're all festering away in there. Grrrrr. Seeing a new surgeon next week to find out the new plan of action :(
Sorebutt26
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby bee » 07 Apr 2017, 01:14

I dont have pain during BM no blood or pus in stool.. There is no pus on the seton or any drainage at all except from the original wound. I schedule for ultrasound tomorrow. I let you know how things going next week after I visit my crs. Good luck to us...
bee
Fibre Addict

Postby bee » 18 Apr 2017, 05:29

Done the operation last week.. CrS did the lift on me and scrape the hell out of the external hole which give me a big hole in my ass..lol... Then stich the internal hole inside my anus too... BM is hell but getting tolerable each day... Wound is also closing.. Its getting shallow smaller by day... I hope this does the trick.. Shit has to go 2 stitches before it can pass the widen external opening...lol... So far so good.. Not seen any pus or shit except for the normal wound discharges... Fingers cross... So how it goes with yours?..
bee
Fibre Addict

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?