rectogesic

one step back

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

rectogesic

Postby Hotbutt2000 » 27 Apr 2017, 04:08

peed off today :x
started using rectogesic cream about 4 days ago after doc informed me I had a fissure around the 3 o clock area. Pain slowly started to ease up. Had a good day yesterday, ate and drank healthy, did a bit of yoga, lots of walking, virtually pain free for the first time in a long while....until I applied my night time dose! I'd bathed in a portable bidet and then applied it with gloved finger a little way in and it stung straight away, woke me in the night and is still hurting 14 hours later.
Can maybe the sitz baths dry up the area too much? can you use aloe vera gel or Vaseline just before applying rectogesic or will that lessen its affect??

anything else I could try :scratch:
Hotbutt2000
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: rectogesic

Postby Canadabum » 27 Apr 2017, 17:17

HB...you can try nifedipine or diltiazem -- all three (including rectogesic) are good for fissures. They work by reducing the resting pressure of your sphincter muscle and allow for more blood flow...which promotes healing.

Perhaps next time wait 10/15 mins after you bathe to apply the cream...it may have irritated you because your skin absorbed too much too quickly being soft/wet.

Also -- no need to jam it up there...just rub around anus because the active ingredients will be well absorbed.
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Re: rectogesic

Postby Hotbutt2000 » 28 Apr 2017, 07:10

ah, good call ! I waited around an hour after soaking this morning because I wasn't in too much pain, just put it slightly inside and was all fine, thank you very much.
Hotbutt2000
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3