How do you keep a pus-squirting site dry?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

How do you keep a pus-squirting site dry?

Postby ResMePlz » 02 May 2017, 07:51

So I'm 14 days post op and curious how people keep their wound dry? Mine is still draining and really swollen and raw to the touch. (Nurse basically said it's normal, see you in 2 weeks) yesterday I tried to keep it super clean, but sitz baths started irritating it, and the shower head shoots too hard and it hurts. I've been using a hair drier on the coolest setting, although its still pretty warm. The nurse said maybe this is irritating it, so I've just kind of been leaving it longer and letting it just drain. I used the gauze pads at first but even that is really irritating the area now. Any other tactics to keep it clean? If the only thing that's there is the blood and mucus that the wound itself if leaking, it's technically not "unclean" right? As long as you don't leave it like that all day..

I just don't understand how you can keep something dry that is in a tight crevasse and is constantly leaking pus all day. Will this hinder healing? My main concern is it getting infected, which is why I'm not touching it with anything physical.

Thanks! :thanx:
ResMePlz
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: How do you keep a pus-squirting site dry?

Postby AJStyles » 02 May 2017, 09:01

Mine was leaking too, so my doctor said you need to keep the area clean, it cant heal if its dirty all the time. So he gave me this http://max-attachments.prod.hlpstr.de/a ... XSmall.jpg

I dont know what thats called in english but i bet you will be able to get it in your local pharmacy. I put that thing between my buttocks in the middle and it just stays in there perfectly. After 3-4 Hours i change it. doing that now since 5 days and my ass is barely leaking. Still pain after BM though :S how is your pain?
AJStyles
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Re: How do you keep a pus-squirting site dry?

Postby ResMePlz » 02 May 2017, 15:09

That's called "gauze" in English. I used that for the first 10 days or so until I broke a stitch and the area has been REALLY raw. I can't even squirt it with the shower it's so raw. I still do just to keep it clean, but now after I just use a blow drier. Today I let my ass sit in front of a fan all day so it stays dry. Not sure how well that's working but it seems like it is. As far as pain, I was up walking around fine. The incision is kinda bubbled up, so it's easy for it to rub, so I can't go too far. Pain after BM comes from again, the incision site being rubbed against then washing and drying irritates it. That's the only pain I've had since surgery. It's really odd because my body starts getting ready for the sever pain and spasms but try just don't come anymore. I just really hope this shit heals up ASAP. I have to return to work in less then 2 weeks and there's no way I can walk around all day and sit during down time. I do X-ray in a hospital, so it either constantly moving and busting my ass, or it's dead and we are just sitting around for hours. Either way, couldn't imagine doing that right now. What I'm really looking forward to is getting on my motorcycle again. But again, if this site does t stop being irritated, I'll never get back to life.... but, better then trying to heal the fissure that will never go away I guess.
ResMePlz
Salt Bather

Topics: 4