How to stop the pain? Any advice needed

Looking for some advice on pain

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How to stop the pain? Any advice needed

Postby PainInThe... » 01 Jun 2017, 22:02

OK I've been on this site for a while as a guest but this is my first post so please bare with me.

I have had my fissure for nearly a year now maybe longer been to the doctors about it more times than I can remember have tried suppositories and all kinds of creams including rectogesic and anoheal. The suppositories seemed to help temporarily but not long term and the creams leave me in so much pain that I literally can't use them.

My BMs are regular and don't seem to ever be constipated or ever remember being constipated so not sure how I ever got this fissure in the first place!

I have very bad sleeping problems because I have to go to the toilet numerous times a night caused by incomplete defecation and the agonising pain that follows is horrendous.

My doctor finally sent me to a CRS who wants me to have botox injections next month.

My biggest questions are:

1) is this amount of pain normal or could I have more problems the doctors have missed?

2) Can anyone provide me with some advice on how to get this pain under control as its literally ruining my life

3) has anyone had botox and does it actually work?

4) I'm not at all clued up on what I should or shouldn't be eating so any dietary advice would be great

5) If anyone has any other advice please feel free to share

I look forward to hearing from someone , anyone who can help with this.

Thanks in advance .

Dave
PainInThe...

Topics: 1

Re: How to stop the pain? Any advice needed

Postby Bum_UK » 02 Jun 2017, 10:16

1. Unfortunately yes.
2. Sitzbaths can help but the most important thing is to ensure your BMs are soft. Keep using the rectogesic cream.
3. I'm having Botox on Tuesday. Am a bit nervous as I haven't had any pain at all for over three weeks. The fissure was still there two weeks ago and I don't know whether it might have healed it two weeks.
4. Make sure you drink at least 2-3 litres of water per day. If you don't use a stool softener ask your GP to prescribe Movicol or Laxido or pop in to Boots and buy some (if you're in the UK, you can buy Miralax or the generic variety in any drug store in the US). Having soft BMs that require no straining is essential. Make sure you eat lots of fruit and veg avoid foods with lots of insoluble fiber as it makes your BMs wider.
5. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Mypoorbutt » 02 Jun 2017, 10:23

This pain is the worst I have ever had it makes childbirth seem like a walk in the park and my crohns and IBS pale into insignificance compared to the agony of the spasms
I had Botox it was great I was pain free for a long time but my fissure was very long and very deep and the Botox was only to get it healed enough to have LIS. There have been lots of people on here who have healed completely through Botox
For pain like BU says lots of sitz baths keep using the cream and also try asking for gabapentin as it's the only thing that made my spasms bearable
You say your not constipated but have to go lots during the night....what is the consistency because you don't want to make it too soft as really soft BMs can be acidic and really irritate a fissure.
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Asspainsorebutt » 03 Jun 2017, 10:19

Cocacola with tylenol/acetaminophen - for pain. Ibuprofen for swelling.

If you can get Mexican Cocacola it is made with real sugar. But coke is a short term thing, one can lasts about an hour. So it make take 2-3 cans to make ur pain better everyday, so not a great plan longterm. But, if your in agony it helps.
Asspainsorebutt
Fibre Addict

Postby SurvivorX » 06 Jun 2017, 16:51

I`m in constant sharp pain for 4 years now. Tried all kinds of sitz baths, ointments and what not - nothing helps. Only time I had it better was when I went to a psychiatrist to prescribe some very strong medication. If I were you I wouldn`t go for the normal pain killers people advise you on on this forum. You have to start with the brain. Because of the pain it`s in a state of constant anxiety so you need a professional to give you something for your mental health + the physical one.

Anyway I was prescribed a combination of Xenator, Lamictal, Fluanxol and Hedonin and I had it good for 3 months. Then, naturally my body got used to the medication and pain came back viscous as always, so I was back at square one. I had to find a way to outsmart my own body.

So my solution was this. After an agreement with the psychiatrist I stopped taking the medication from Monday to Fridays then started taking it only throughout the weekend. This way my body doesnt have the chance to get used to it. I let it suffer 5 days of the week then as a reward I get some relief during the weekend.

Hope that helps.
SurvivorX
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Postby Asspainsorebutt » 06 Jun 2017, 23:53

Eat less is another great way to minimize pain. I lost 20lns in 6 weeks because the pain was so bad I didn't want to eat. But, in the end that was not enough to stop my AF. Stress was another big part of it also.
Asspainsorebutt
Fibre Addict

Postby Kacenka » 07 Jun 2017, 19:15

I had terrible spasms which went away 6 weeks after fissurectomy with botox. Some people take a week but my butt was stubborn. The spasms went away completely but I had 2 more surgeries. Nothing worked when I was having spasms. I just had to wait it out every day so knowing what I know now I would have the surgery as soon as possible. I was so scared of it and shouldn't have been because it only got better after that. Baby steps but never as bad as before the 1st surgery. Miralax, steamed veggies, nothing acidic or spicy and go easy on bread. It tends to create a non-moving log if you eat too much of it. It's also very individual. I tried nifidepine, nitro, vitamin e, coconut oil, wheatgrass, zinc, pranicure, manuka honey,... waste of money. I also tried dairy free, gluten free, fodmap diet. No change. Surgery is what made a huge difference.
Kacenka
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5