Fistulotomy

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Fistulotomy

Postby Mandie » 22 Jun 2017, 02:58

Hi everyone. 29 year old female. New to the forum, and 6 weeks deep in the abscess/fistula game. It's been a week since the fistulotomy, and I'm still in considerable pain. I was even afraid that the abscess was returning. Pain and a little swelling this morning. I'm still on the antibiotics and the antiinflammatories, so I'm assuming they're keeping it at bay. I have a day left on both tho, and I'm afraid to NOT be on antibiotics. I've been on 3 different antibiotics over the course of 6 weeks. And I still haven't had a solid bowel movement. I shower 4-6 times a day, and I'm really just miserable.

But I have a few personal experience questions:

When does the drainage stop? It's irritating.

How long until I'll be able to have intercourse? We're dying over here.

Why the hell is the side of my butt button puckered in? Super weird and makes me feel like I can't get clean. Hence the excessive showering.

PS. For you people that have been dealing with this for extended periods of time with recurrences, you're ROCKSTARS. This has been a painful and scary nightmare. Glad I found the page!
Mandie

Topics: 1

Re: Fistulotomy

Postby Mypoorbutt » 22 Jun 2017, 07:39

Hi just wanted to say welcome and I'm sorry your suffering

I haven't had a fistula so can't offer much practical advice. I would However suggest googling oregano oil flushes for fistulas as they use those in Germany in their hospitals to get rid of infection

I'm sure someone who has much better advice will be on to help later
Keep going it does get better
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Mandie » 23 Jun 2017, 02:49

I'm actually feeling a lot better today! Hubs and I even had some *ahem* ADULT time after bedtime. The swelling and discharge is all but gone and I finally had a normal BM. The weird pucker is still there, but I see the surgeon for a follow-up on the 27th.
Mandie

Postby zinnia » 27 Jun 2017, 21:13

wow- it sounds like you are doing well! I am at 12 weeks and while skin is healed I still have a nagging chronic pulling pain which I guess is scar tissue- ugh. The appearance of surgical area changes a lot over course of healing.
zinnia
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Mandie » 27 Jun 2017, 23:16

Welp. I THOUGHT I was better. Follow up with the doctor told me different. I had a cyst removed during the surgery. The pucker isn't a pucker, it's missing tissue. I'm deformed, now. At least that's how I feel. I also have a fissure and the spasms are so bad they've prescribed me a compound nitrate cream. Apparently it can explode when they're compounding it, so it's stupid expensive too. The pain hasn't gone anywhere and I've spend the majority of today sleeping just to get away from the pain, I can't find anything to get rid of it. I'm still bleeding. The surgical site is still open and draining. I can't find anything that helps.
Mandie

Postby zinnia » 28 Jun 2017, 12:09

I am using nifedpine- I think it does help with fissures, but pain sticks around.
zinnia
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here