Natural and Unnatural Creams?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Natural and Unnatural Creams?

Postby OuchX » 16 May 2017, 14:14

Hello dear fissure survivors. I have had a recent reawakening of symptoms and I had bought some Organic Coconut Oil. Although it seems a lot of people here just don't apply any just store bought stuff to the rear? I am a little concerned sticking something in there that causes a burn or vicious return of symptoms. Also I read about the Lidocaine creams and they seem like a God's Gift but I am also concerned about any local skin reaction that makes a medium fissure a Massive One...or otherwise addicts me to the cream indefinitely? Do these speed healing or just hide the issue?

I read about people's recipe, some sound nice, though I'm a simpleton. I keep it clean as humanly possible and use cool water to ease the itch. I am primarily bed bound and pretty frail so doing much creative is out of the question. I'm also not very trusting of modern medicine unless the situation is truly a lost one. I have found most prescriptions I've got my hands on long lasting to be either a permanent one or a bad idea. Not every last one...just most!

I got a small fissure right at the bottom(which seems to be moving around and irritating offending the rest of the region)after I had fully healed. Now I'm clenching some and it's burning and itching on and off. I've doubled my efforts in dietary fiber and miralax to try to make BMs as soft as possible just wondering should I apply or use a cream to attempt to heal this faster or stick with my cool water and cleansing regiment?
OuchX
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Natural and Unnatural Creams?

Postby Mypoorbutt » 18 May 2017, 04:50

Hi most people feel that coconut oil and creams like it do help and even if the don't actually speed healing up they at least keep the skin moisturised.
Lidocaine cream does help with the pain but has no healing qualities.
There are creams specific to fissures line diliatzem and GTN these help to cure the fissure by stopping spasms and increasing blood flow to the area. You can get your doctor to prescribe them.
I guess in the end it's up to everyone to decide which they want to try. I have used lots of natural and medicated creams and some have helped more than others but we are all different and what works for one person may not help another.
Good luck and I hope you find something that works well for you
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby missy moo » 28 Jun 2017, 00:04

Mypoorbutt i have a surgeon appointment coming up i need a list of things to ask him i want to make sure he knows his stuff?? Please help or point me in the right direction thanks
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Mypoorbutt » 29 Jun 2017, 04:35

You could look online but I think the best questions to ask depends on what you want.

How deep is your fissure
Is there lots of scar tissue
What are their success rates with Botox
Does he do the anal manamotry test for resting pressure
What are his success rates with LIS and how often do they perform them

It's all down to the individual and what it is that you at wanting. For me by the time I found my amazing CRS I had seena few bad ones so my questions focused on how he felt about performing LIS on me with all my underlying issues
Mypoorbutt

Postby missy moo » 29 Jun 2017, 19:30

Does it matter how deep the fissure is? And should i be using the diltiazem cream morning an night? I'm going to use the cream every day till my appointment in how ever many weeks that is
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Mypoorbutt » 30 Jun 2017, 04:36

If the fissure is very deep...mine was down to the muscle then there is no way it can heal without help.
I used GTN 4 times a day when it was at its worst

Hope your appointment comes quick
Mypoorbutt

Postby missy moo » 02 Jul 2017, 02:42

Ok thanks mine gets to a point of panic free healed then retears every 3-8 weeks type of thing
missy moo
King Fissure