Post skin tag removal - swelling

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Post skin tag removal - swelling

Postby scottishsorebum » 27 Jul 2017, 14:25

Hi! I had botox injections with a skin tag removal 5 days ago, and have been recovering well - not in too much pain! Bms have been uncomfortable but not sore!
I do have one question though, for those who have been through skin tag removal - how long did it take for the swelling to go down? At the moment I have a bump/swollen skin that is bigger than the initial skin tag and although I know it's early days, I'm freaking out. HELP! :cry:

Thanks
x
Fissure diagnosed Feb 2016
Prescribed Diltiazem & Anusol – developed itch with Diltiazem
Moved onto Rectogesic – to use for 8 weeks
Taking Magnesium Citrate tablets
Botox and Skin Tag Removal July 2017
scottishsorebum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Post skin tag removal - swelling

Postby Bum_UK » 01 Aug 2017, 10:56

I hope the swelling has subsided now as it's been a while since your post.

I had Botox, skin tag removal and a fissurectomy eight weeks ago today. I was pretty sore for just over a week. I don't think there was a lot of swelling but I didn't check that thoroughly to be fair.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby scottishsorebum » 02 Aug 2017, 13:49

Hey!

The swelling is going down but still not looking quite normal back there at the moment. And since my op, the pain has got worse after BMs... slightly worried... but I suppose I'm not even two weeks post-op. Got to be patient.
scottishsorebum
Fibre Addict

Postby Bum_UK » 02 Aug 2017, 14:19

You do use a stool softener, don't you?

I had full on spasms lasting hours after BMs over a week after the surgery. It does take a while for the Botox to take effect. I had a dull ache after BMs for almost a month after the surgery.

I think you'll feel a lot better in another week to ten days from now.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby scottishsorebum » 08 Aug 2017, 14:33

I use Lactulose every night which keeps me regular, although recently I have been having very hard stools which I have put down to the codeine pain killers I have been taking, because as soon as I stopped (a couple of days ago) my BMs have gone back to being soft.

The swelling at the excision site has gone down, not fully, but it is getting better.

However, I am feeling disheartened as BMs are still excruciating. The pain goes away pretty much straight after which is good, but the pain was never that bad before my operation. Also, I am starting to feel the dreaded itch which I used to have after every BM. I'm jut feeling pretty gutted that the botox seems not to have worked. I've read that it takes a while, but it's over 2 weeks now...

:(
scottishsorebum
Fibre Addict

Postby Bum_UK » 09 Aug 2017, 03:48

Hang in there for a few more weeks and I'm pretty sure you'll feel a lot better!

I had terrible itching, particularly during walks, for around four weeks after the surgery. The kind of horrible itch where you just want to get in there and scratch with your nails. I obviously left it well alone but it was very annoying for quite a long time.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby scottishsorebum » 10 Aug 2017, 01:31

Thanks. It's helpful to know someone has gone through the same thing. Just wish I could fast forward a few weeks to the point where I'm better! Trying not to get too down about it but it takes over your life :(
scottishsorebum
Fibre Addict

Postby Sadbutttrue » 10 Aug 2017, 10:02

Hi Scottishsorebum and bum_uk. Its a good feeling to know others are going through/have gone through the same things.
I had anal dilation and sentinel pile removal on July 3rd. The fissure issues are almost healed I would say but the sentinel pile removal site is still very soft and tender to the touch. I have a mild burning sensation after BMs and also sometimes through out the day.. There is no bleeding anymore but I'm definitely not fully healed.. The skin tag feels almost gone but sometimes this loose soft skin area there is a bit swelled and gets reduced when I take a hot shower.. Did this happen to u guys? How long did it take to fully heal and feel like a normal person bum_uk? And scottishsorebum, hang in there mate.. Hopefully we will all feel normal again soon.
Sadbutttrue

Postby Bum_UK » 11 Aug 2017, 03:14

I'd say I'm 95% back to normal now. I felt more or less back to normal around the four week mark. However, I think I've managed to re-tear the fissure pretty much weekly since then. I say I think as I'm not sure that's what happens but I get the burning sensation after BMs until I've cleaned off for a day or two after the incidents. It may be the skinntag removal site. I have no idea. I look forward to hearing what my CRS says when I have the followup appointment in three weeks.

E.g. I had two hard and wider than my normal BMs yesterday and although I have no pain I still can feel my anus. Which you shouldn't if everything is properly healed.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Sadbutttrue » 12 Aug 2017, 09:46

Hi Bum_UK. Hope all resolves soon. I feel a bit hopeless sometimes when the burning is there just randomly after sitting or walking around for a bit. Reminds me that it's still not healed.. Wonder when all is going to go back to normal. Keep me posted on ur updates!
Thanks again!
Sadbutttrue