Had botox, need advice

Botox advice

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Had botox, need advice

Postby flyingpineapple » 04 Aug 2017, 15:31

Hi, I've been a lurker around here for a while now.

I've had an anal fissure for at least 16 months now, and I had a botox injection on my nearly healed fissure (the consultant said so but went ahead with botox anyway due to re-occurrence) two weeks ago, however, it is now the worst it has ever been in the whole time I've had it.

I used to be able to cope somewhat with the pain and it would always eventually go after a 30 minutes or so, but now I've spent 6/7 nights in the last week having to take so much pain medication and use ice packs with no relief. It keeps swelling up quite badly in the area, and eventually calming down by morning, and until my next BM. There's horrible bleeding and a tearing sensation every time I go.

I wanted to ask if anyone else had a similar experience? I don't know what's meant to actually happen with the botox injection, I don't know if this is normal and it'll eventually settle down, it's one of those things that gets worse before it gets better, or what. I believe the botox has kicked in as I have mild flatulence incontinence.

This is pretty traumatic for myself, I was hoping this was the end of the ordeal, especially as it was starting to feel a lot better before the botox.
flyingpineapple
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Had botox, need advice

Postby scottishsorebum » 08 Aug 2017, 14:38

Hi flying pineapple! I am in a similar boat and is hoping someone will say 'one of those things that gets worse before it gets better'. I had botox just over 2 weeks ago and the pain has got worse.
I have read on the forum that it can take a while for the botox to kick in, but I feel like it hasn't for me yet.
Fissure diagnosed Feb 2016
Prescribed Diltiazem & Anusol – developed itch with Diltiazem
Moved onto Rectogesic – to use for 8 weeks
Taking Magnesium Citrate tablets
Botox and Skin Tag Removal July 2017
scottishsorebum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Aug 2017, 03:07

Hi guys I had Botox and my spasms stopped within the first week but my fissure was very bad before I had the Botox
I do know people on here who have got worse before they got better. Botox can take up to 6 weeks to kick in fully and this can depend on how many injections you had.
I also had a fissurectomy with my Botox but as my fissure was still very bad I didn't notice if you read some of BumUK posts she had a fissurectomy and Botox on a nearly healed fissure and says that the pain returned to how it was when she first got the fissure so perhaps that's why you are suffering
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Bum_UK » 09 Aug 2017, 03:13

Mypoorbutt wrote:Hi guys I had Botox and my spasms stopped within the first week but my fissure was very bad before I had the Botox
I do know people on here who have got worse before they got better. Botox can take up to 6 weeks to kick in fully and this can depend on how many injections you had.
I also had a fissurectomy with my Botox but as my fissure was still very bad I didn't notice if you read some of BumUK posts she had a fissurectomy and Botox on a nearly healed fissure and says that the pain returned to how it was when she first got the fissure so perhaps that's why you are suffering
Good luck

Yes and I wasn't happy at all the first few weeks... The pain/discomfort after the surgery wasn't bad but the fissure pain/spasms were.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby flyingpineapple » 10 Aug 2017, 11:55

Hey everyone! Thank you for the replies!

My botox experience has gotten a bit better over the last few days, I've not seen it posted here but I was recommended to do this by a nurse: I've tried out suppositories for haemorrhoids, they have local anaesthetic and zinc oxide in them, I felt a million times better after about two days! They're the only thing that has actually stopped the pain (and I've even tried slow-acting morphine).
flyingpineapple
Fibre Addict

Postby flyingpineapple » 12 Aug 2017, 17:38

Just to update,

The pain when I go is still incredible, I have to sing to distract myself. I only had one injection, but it has only been three weeks since I had the injection, so I suppose I need to give it more time. It's so frustrating though, but the suppositories seem to stop the pain before it spreads and becomes unbearable.
flyingpineapple
Fibre Addict