Worried - issues with bleeding

Please help

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Worried - issues with bleeding

Postby Bisq » 08 Aug 2017, 02:22

Hello guys, new here and I'm hoping to get some peace of mind.
I started seeing streaks of bright red blood on my stool and toilet paper at the end of last december. My diet contains a lot of vegetables so my stool was soft. The bleeding continued for a month and would happen everytime I pooped, even with soft stools. I had no other symptoms, no pain or anything.
I went to the doctors, they checked for tears and hems and looked into the first bit of the rectum and saw nothing unusual. I was sent for a colonoscopy which came out clear. They haven't followed up since then. The bleeding continued for a bit, but the amount was decreased and it would come and go. I hadn't seen blood for a while so I tried to forget about it but got reminded again a couple days ago. I had a hard painful stool that tore my butt, this time I felt the burn and there was blood again. I might've irritated it even more with a second hard poo. I drank a lot of water yesterday to ensure my poop would be soft, and even with a soft stool i still had a streak of blood, but no pain. Is that normal? That even if the stool was soft it would still bleed? Could it have been a tear the first time too even with no pain and bleeding for a month?
Bisq

Topics: 1

Re: Worried - issues with bleeding

Postby Bisq » 15 Aug 2017, 01:48

Anyone? :cry:
Bisq

Topics: 1

Postby dmcff » 15 Aug 2017, 05:49

If you are worried, the best course of action would probably be to go back to the doctors and ask their advice. Maybe even just call them and explain your situation. It might be nothing important, but it's always best to make sure.
2014 Anal fissure
2015 CAT, EUA, sigmoidoscopy, 2 MRI
2016 Pain severe then moderate to low
2017 Moderate pain
2018 Physical therapy, pain management
2019-20 Living with it
2021 Still AF
2022 Therapy, meditation
2023 Onward, up
2024 CT scan
dmcff

Topics: 52

Postby Glorybee » 15 Aug 2017, 05:54

Maybe a different doctor? I find that many doctors don't know much about fissures. The fact that you had a clean colonoscopy is a good thing.
Glorybee
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5