First Post

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

First Post

Postby AimedCastle3 » 26 Aug 2017, 17:30

Hello everyone.

I've been browsing this board a bit and thought I'd introduce myself.

I am a 37 year old male and live in East Alabama. I've battled constipation for 15 years and as a result have developed severe anal stenosis, recurring fissures, and a dependency on Miralax (now up to 3-4 doses per day). I have the usual symptoms that most people here seem to experience: extremely painful bowel movements, bleeding, and difficulty getting stools to pass.

During my last colonoscopy, the doctor told me that my stenosis had gotten so bad that they couldn't even get the scope in, and had to resort to using an infant scope. I have to be very careful when chewing because if I swallow anything larger than about a chick pea and it doesn't fully digest, I am in for a long, painful time trying to get it out.

He referred me to another doctor locally who wanted to dilate me under anesthesia. He said that I would then need to return for further dilations which would not be under anesthesia. To be honest, I wasn't crazy about this guy's bedside manner and would love to get a second opinion, but he seems to be the only one nearby me (in Columbus, Ga).

How would you all recommend going about finding another doctor who can have a look at this issue? I am about 90 minutes from both Atlanta and Birmingham, so those are both acceptable locations. I would also welcome any stories from anyone who has had similar issues, especially if you live near me and can recommend some place to go.

Thanks!
AimedCastle3

Topics: 1

Re: First Post

Postby Ral1020 » 26 Aug 2017, 18:07

Try Alabama Colin and Rectal Institute PC in Birmingham.. the 3 doctors there have lots of combined experience with all types of anal issues
Ral1020
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1