Green Smoothies

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Green Smoothies

Postby SunshineHope » 31 Mar 2008, 02:48

Does anyone on here make green smoothies and add that to their diet? I was talking to one of my teacher friends and he was telling my grandmother how that's the best cure for constipation for people with iron deficiencies. Iron pills are usually constipating, and having these smoothies can really be beneficial. He was saying you can add spinach and other green leafy vegetables (even broccoli), gring up 12 almonds and add that, some water, whichever fruit, etc., and you can mix it up in a regular blender. He said it keeps him pretty regular and is super beneficial for the health. Does anyone here do that?
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: Green Smoothies

Postby SunshineHope » 02 Apr 2008, 03:58

Wow, I'm surprised, no one? I thought most people would be chugging these things down!
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 02 Apr 2008, 08:24

No, I haven't tried them. I wonder how they taste? I've tried the regular fruit smoothies and wanted to venture ino making them myself. I'm open to trying green ones, as well. I wonder about the amounts of the ingredients that you mentioned...

Postby happyass » 02 Apr 2008, 21:05

the only green smoothies i have had are the green tea macha type of smoothies at jamba juice. i loooove that place but thank goodness there isn't one near me.....
i also love the acai smoothie.....
try anything with acai and you will feel a lot better.......
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby SunshineHope » 03 Apr 2008, 13:25

Hmm yeah..
Janis, they can taste good if you add enough fruit. Some hi-tech blenders can make both hot and cold drinks so you can even make fresh soup (mmm) from raw veggies. With the green smoothies, I've tried some home made ones, and it can taste excellent if you balance it and if you add some really good fruit. It's extremely beneficial for the health & especially for people with constipation :)
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 04 Apr 2008, 17:42

I am seriously thinking about getting a juicer and juice some organic veggies.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Apr 2008, 19:37

Hey, Gareth, the Acai smoothie sounds like a real winner! Where do you get it?
Never had a vegetable "smoothie," though....
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 04 Apr 2008, 20:08

I don't know about green smoothies, but my favorite veggie combo is beets, carrots and (oh well, one fruit) apples. I had great juicer but movers lost some of its parts (grrrrrrrrr..., wonder if they played Frisbee with the lid) so I need to buy new one : ( . Beets are great detox add, I read once that they treated some radiation victims with it in Russia. In any case, does wonders for the whole body - I wish I can make it now... : (((.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby happyass » 07 Apr 2008, 16:54

hi kim, if you have a whole foods, you can see it in the freezer section where you find the yummy ice cream and there are some acai drinks where there is the OJ and yogurt smoothies stuff.
the brand that i think makes great acai foods is Sambazon and you can check them out at www.sambazon.com.
I love their Acai ice cream (it's not really ice cream but that's what i call it) and their individual smoothie packs that come in 4s.
i believe there is also acai (the c is actually a french c - cidella i think is what it is called) in tablets form...but getting it in these foods is almost perfect.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74