Need help!

Sphincter Pains

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Need help!

Postby ConsPains » 26 Sep 2017, 18:05

Hey everyone, i always through forums for info i need but have never actually posted until now that i feel im running out of options.

About 5 days ago i started getting rectal pains and thought it was a growing hemorrhoid and since ive had them before i didnt think to much of it. The next day however i awoke to a incresed amount of pain but sill managed to get through the day. The day after that was the worst. I couldnt walk, sit, lay down, or do anything without pain. It reached a point where i couldnt take it and went to the ER to which the doctor told me it was just anal fissure and would heal on its own. He prescribed lidocaine and stool softener but i already had been taking them. The next two days were the same, extreme pain with movements and sitz bath seemed to be the only temporary relief. Today some of the pain has gone away as i noticed the area of the fissure no longer stings like it did before, but all the area around the anus feels very sore. It feels like the muscles under the buttocks fat are swollen and tight. I havent had a bowel movement in 4 days even taking two different types of laxatives (one prescription strength) and i believe its the sphincter that hasnt opened up. I can feel the tightness of it and it wont let anything out. Im starting to get pains in my stomach now since im so backed up and i cant think of anything else to do! Please some one give me any idea on how to help with this problem!
ConsPains

Topics: 1

Re: Need help!

Postby hurtinend » 26 Sep 2017, 18:58

you need to get bowels moving asap. You could try a rectal suppository like dulcolax. Don't suffer too long, go back to the ER if things don't get moving, they can give you an enema.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby patience_and_healing » 26 Sep 2017, 23:50

I second hurtinend. You may have a blockage that can be cleared out in the ER (sounds terribly unpleasant I know), but it's essential to get this moving somehow or the other.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby ConsPains » 27 Sep 2017, 22:45

Thank you both for rhe responses, after reading them i went and tried dulcolax suppositary, sat in a hot bath, and within minutes i had small bowel movement. Not the big relief i wantex but relief nonetheless. Unfortunately i awake with extreme pain throughout the night and got rushed to the er. After a CT scan the doctors noticed i had an abcess around my rectum. It horseshoed around the rectum and was as thick as a regular doughnut. Had surgery and am in recovery now.

Again, thank you for the idea, it at least brought me a couple of hours of relief!
ConsPains

Topics: 1

Postby patience_and_healing » 29 Sep 2017, 08:07

That sounds scary! Glad to hear you got help and wish you a quick recovery!
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40