Re-tare

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re-tare

Postby Lior55 » 21 Sep 2017, 23:57

My apologies for writing in panic again.
it's been 3 weeks since my LIS and recovery has been going well. Last week at the doctors visit he said I'm 80% healed.
Then I got sinus infection and started antibiotics which caused diarrhea so I stopped stool softeners to try and control it. It helped, but then yesterday I finished the antibiotics and didn't get back on the stool softeners. Today I had a hard BM and I could feel the sting of the re tare and now it hurts. Not terribly bad but it never starts terribly bad for me.
So now I'm freaking out that it's going to happen all over again and I'm going to be back in the same situation of crazy pain 24/7.
Is there anyone who had a re-tare after LIS and willing to share their experience? Can it become so bad again? And if it does, what next? Another LIS? Botox?
Honestly I'm traumatized from the experience from that never ending pain and not being able to care for my kids.
My CRS is having a surgery this week amd he is out of office so I have no one to share my panic with.
Lior55
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Re-tare

Postby patience_and_healing » 27 Sep 2017, 00:03

From what I've read on this forum, after LIS any fissures should heal quickly because the muscle has been loosened. Try not to panic, focus on your healing and you'll get past this stage!
:smilyhug:
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?