DIET AND THE RIGHT FOODS

HELP!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

DIET AND THE RIGHT FOODS

Postby imbac » 09 Sep 2017, 21:57

Hello

I have been newly diagnosed with a Anal Fissure and i feel like i'm going to die! I an in so much pain and no one understands... all i am being told is eat more fiber and loose some weight. The Dr i have seen wants me to loose some weight and come in for a follow up in six weeks... in six weeks i will be suffering from malnutrition due to i am afraid to eat with the thought i would have to pass it. Anyone out there that can offer me advise on how to get through this, and what is the best things i should be eating.I'ts only been a week since my diagnoses and i have already lost 10 lbs

Thanks!
imbac

Topics: 1

Re: DIET AND THE RIGHT FOODS

Postby yenrac » 18 Sep 2017, 21:12

I've had my fissure for a couple of months and I understand your pain.

The goal is to get your stool to look like type 4 on the Bristol stool chart.

Do NOT eat spicy food, this will irritate your fissure and caused me my worst pain.
Don't eat fried or processed foods. Dairy and meat can also firm up your stool.
All that really leaves you is whole fruits and vegetables, think a vegan diet...

yenrac
Fibre Addict

Postby hurtinend » 18 Sep 2017, 22:21

are you using one of the fissure ointments?
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby Bum_UK » 19 Sep 2017, 04:01

I made the same mistake most people do when they have a fissure and basically stopped eating as I wanted fewer and smaller BMs. I eat like a normal person again and I don't have more or large BMs than when I starved myself.

I eat everything in moderation: always lots of fruit and veggies, red meat, sausages, bacon, chocolate, chips/crisps, potatoes, fries, rice, chicken, you name it I eat it. The only thing my body doesn't fully digest is nuts. I have tried to figure out how different foods relate to BM consistency and there's no clear pattern at all as I can have a firmer more difficult to pass BM after having eaten a pe fact diet for the last week and likewise I can have perfect BMs after having eaten a high fat have in red meat and processed foods diet for several days (as I did on a recent holiday).

What I found matters is exercise make sure you walk for at least 30-60 minutes per day. As in 30-60 minutes in one go not in total over the day. Stay hydrated. Those are th two things that seem to affect BM consistency in me in a noticeable way.

Stool softener is ssential to keep things easy to pass particularly when you're in pain.

Hang in there, you will get better!
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby yenrac » 07 Nov 2017, 21:06

I did the diet below to get a baseline. I eat this every day and then try new things to see how the new things affect me. With this diet I'm pretty regular, going to the bathroom in AM. I have lost 20 lbs though since I started so I'm currently trying to add another shake.

This is my daily diet:

Wake - 1 colace

8am- Shake #1
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 cup of frozen fruit
- 4 tablespoons of hemp protein
- 1 Tablespoon of Flaxseed oil
- 1 Table spoon of MCT oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 6 drops of stevia extract

10am- One Avacado

Noon - 1/2 cup of steel cut oats

2pm - Shake 2 (same ingredients as shake 1)

4pm - 1/2 cup of steel cut oats

Before bed 2 colace / vitamin supplement
yenrac
Fibre Addict